Does your IF/IW/RMD do well on their wrong foot ?

Hi everyone !

I’m feeling that in this ME it’s better to put your IF/IW/RMD (even your mezzala) on their right/correct foot. Am I right ?

For example, I have A. Isak on the left wing as a RMD. Even if he should be a great RMD (or even a wonderful RMD), I feel being on the left while he’s preferred foot is the right one is causing him trouble to perform.

Question : is my feeling right ? Should I play right-footed player on the right and left-footed on the left wing (even if I want them to act like IF/IW in real life) ?

If i’m wrong, how can I make this work ?

It works like in real. If you wanna cross from the byline your preferred foot should be the same as the side lf the field. If you try yo use the opposite one, you're exposing your self to a tackle. However, if you try to dribble and get into the middle, you should have the opposite one. Same with midfielders and defenders. You can make them work on the wrong foot if you're trying to obtain differents movements but it should be only on purpose.

Edited by Andrew Marines

il y a 9 minutes, Andrew Marines a dit :

It works like in real. If you wanna cross from the byline your preferred foot should be the same as the side lf the field. If you try yo use the opposite one, you're exposing your self to a tackle. However, if you try to dribble and get into the middle, you should have the opposite one. Same with midfielders and defenders. You can make them work on the wrong foot if you're trying to obtain differents movements but it should be only on purpose.

I disagree with you. It’s not like in real life. If you take a look at Mbappé’s movement as an example, he doesn’t go to the byline : he runs/dribble at least to the edge of the box.

However, in the current ME, you have to many times where your IF/IW/RMD are going wide

2 minuti fa, CKBrahMa ha scritto:

If you take a look at Mbappé’s movement as an example, he doesn’t go to the byline : he runs/dribble at least to the edge of the box

Those are movements you can't obtain in the game on a regular basis. You can try with some player traits but that's not gonna work efficiently all the time. Besides, Remember that you're making an example on one of the most skilled players existing rn.

4 minuti fa, CKBrahMa ha scritto:

However, in the current ME, you have to many times where your IF/IW/RMD are going wide

That depends on the attacking width and the starting position doesn't determine how the player's gonna react. He still can start wide and try to get inside. 

22 minuti fa, Andrew Marines ha scritto:

You can make them work on the wrong foot if you're trying to obtain differents movements but it should be only on purpose.

And as i said, that movement you were talking about it's something that he's doing on purpose with a tactic behind. Op is talking about the general 

il y a 2 minutes, Andrew Marines a dit :

Those are movements you can't obtain in the game on a regular basis. You can try with some player traits but that's not gonna work efficiently all the time. Besides, Remember that you're making an example on one of the most skilled players existing rn.

I know I'm talking about one of the most skilled player in the world. But, as you said "Those are movements you can't obtain in the game on a regular basis", which is a problem

il y a 4 minutes, Andrew Marines a dit :

He still can start wide and try to get inside. 

I agree. My problems are :

- It seems they don't do that as much as they should do

- Even when they do that and are in front of the goal, the ME seems to not taking count of the fact that they're on their wrong foot. Like, too many times they shoot with left foot if they're coming from left wing, even if it looks more natural/possible to use their right foot

il y a 6 minutes, Andrew Marines a dit :

And as i said, that movement you were talking about it's something that he's doing on purpose with a tactic behind. Op is talking about the general 

My tactic should provide situations when they can do those movements. And, when they do, they don't use their "correct" foot too often

il y a 6 minutes, Andrew Marines a dit :

And by the way, if he cross from the byline, using the weakest foot will lead to a bad cross

If I ask them to go on half space, it's not to cross from byline

5 minuti fa, CKBrahMa ha scritto:

Even when they do that and are in front of the goal, the ME seems to not taking count of the fact that they're on their wrong foot. Like, too many times they shoot with left foot if they're coming from left wing, even if it looks more natural/possible to use their right foot

Watch out the attributes decision and anticipation. They could just make a mistake. Or you could develop the player trait do not use the weakest foot.

10 minuti fa, CKBrahMa ha scritto:

If I ask them to go on half space, it's not to cross from byline

Half-space is an easy but hard concept and it depends a lot on the opponent.

Maybe try a trequartista(role) or RMD so you could get different movements

il y a 20 minutes, Andrew Marines a dit :

Maybe try a trequartista(role) or RMD so you could get different movements

Il y a 3 heures, CKBrahMa a dit :

I have A. Isak on the left wing as a RMD

Dude, please. I'm asking a question, you're trying to prove a point that kinda differ from the original topic. And, it seems like you don't bother read my entire post.