FM-22 European Club Challenge (Requires Around the Globe MegaPack by DaveTheEditor)

In just our third season in Serie A - not to mention our first ever as a club in the Champions League - we managed to pull off what seemed the impossible: a treble!

We were uncharacteristically poor at the back during the first couple of months so a bold mid-season tactical change to bring our AM back to DM, led to an undefeated streak in the league from December until the end of the season.

unknown.png

Screenshot_20220611-152838.png

Despite beating holders Liverpool in the Semi Final, I held absolutely no hope of beating a PSG side that starred a peak Haaland. We somehow kept the big man quiet and pulled off the biggest upset of our career to date. The hero was vice captain, Paulo Fernandes, who we bought during our first winter transfer window at Modena for £165k. He has been with us throughout our journey, scoring an astonishing 1 in 3 from as a Centre Mid on Attack, and thoroughly deserved the moment. 

unknown.png

image.thumb.png.407ca79c793a1cc42ecba9a4b771cc09.png

image.thumb.png.6ea3e8b009419c76a8576874015ddcb5.png

Our total is now 4 trophies at Modena, to go with the 12 at Santa Coloma.

9 hours ago, Hitbox said:

In just our third season in Serie A - not to mention our first ever as a club in the Champions League - we managed to pull off what seemed the impossible: a treble!

We were uncharacteristically poor at the back during the first couple of months so a bold mid-season tactical change to bring our AM back to DM, led to an undefeated streak in the league from December until the end of the season.

unknown.png

Screenshot_20220611-152838.png

Despite beating holders Liverpool in the Semi Final, I held absolutely no hope of beating a PSG side that starred a peak Haaland. We somehow kept the big man quiet and pulled off the biggest upset of our career to date. The hero was vice captain, Paulo Fernandes, who we bought during our first winter transfer window at Modena for £165k. He has been with us throughout our journey, scoring an astonishing 1 in 3 from as a Centre Mid on Attack, and thoroughly deserved the moment. 

unknown.png

image.thumb.png.407ca79c793a1cc42ecba9a4b771cc09.png

image.thumb.png.6ea3e8b009419c76a8576874015ddcb5.png

Our total is now 4 trophies at Modena, to go with the 12 at Santa Coloma.

I have only got you down as 10 at santa coloma, have i missed some?

Yeah, I won the treble four seasons at Santa Coloma.

image.png.c33ac841a6f413b0447037158bc994b3.png

We are up to 17 trophies now with the UEFA Super Cup win against Dortmund. I make it 1,171 points in total.

Fernandes scoring the equalizer in the 92nd minute to take us to penalties and naturally putting away the first one. 

image.png.37fe78172ae3aa5531f54d4290225695.png

Edited by Hitbox

9 hours ago, Hitbox said:

Yeah, I won the treble four seasons at Santa Coloma.

image.png.c33ac841a6f413b0447037158bc994b3.png

We are up to 17 trophies now with the UEFA Super Cup win against Dortmund. I make it 1,171 points in total.

Fernandes scoring the equalizer in the 92nd minute to take us to penalties and naturally putting away the first one. 

image.png.37fe78172ae3aa5531f54d4290225695.png

i have got you on 18 trophies and 1260 points

Capture.JPG.6b7ce9c2a0e256e20ca577a0f619df3f.JPG

What a season!

Led by 50-goal Spanish striker, Guille Terma, we managed to complete a clean sweep, remaining unbeaten in all competitions.

Following our UEFA Super Cup victory against Dortmund, we beat Inter comfortably to take home the Italian Supercup. 

unknown.png.444eba6d700f07cf9906182d356eb2a4.png

None of the big teams in Serie A posed much of a threat as we dropped just 12 points all season. Our attacking players won most of the plaudits in the media, with Modena legend Paulo Fernandes taking the Golden Shoe; however, Austria's number one keeper, Lukas Jungwirth was impenetrable in goal, achieving a record-matching 23 clean sheets.

unknown.png.bd87863ea14656e2231a2930b9a9c31d.png

Screenshot_20220621-213949.thumb.png.8a624fd5547e0d5b6b357ef010cb9ded.png

I don't have the Italian Cup news screenshot, but here are the fireworks. We had a very straightforward cup campaign for us this season, culminating in a comfortable victory against a Lazio team that were hamstrung by an early red card.

Screenshot_20220621-205139.thumb.png.395b041670967b7732efb3891a8d4623.png

And finally, the big one. After sailing through the Champions League group stages, we were rewarded by drawing PSG in the first knockout round, a repeat of last season's final. Last year we were the worst side and were honestly quite lucky to win. This season was different. The first match was a tight affair in Paris, where we held them to a 1-1 draw. Back in Modena, however, the home advantage showed through with a 6-0 thrashing, including a hat trick for Terma.

Next we took on Sevilla, who were no match for us either. We easily pushed them aside, winning more comfortably than the 3-1 aggregate score suggests.

Real Madrid were up next in the Semi Final, and again we put 6 past one of the best teams in the world, with Killian Mbappe managing to score a late consolation goal for them. Back in Madrid, we held onto an early 2 goal lead to win 8-1 on aggregate. 

The final wasn't as much of a goal-fest, with our defence, led by Croatian wonderkid Tin Stanic, holding Liverpool's expensive and talented front four to just 6 shots. Paulo Fernandes' goal midway through the first half was the only thing separating the teams at the final whistle, although we did hit the woodwork on 3 occasions. Still, after such a crazy and successful season, I definitely welcomed a slightly calmer final game.

unknown.png

Our success on the pitch has taken us to number 5 in the global reputation ranking. Which after just 5 years, starting in Serie B, is something I'm pretty pleased with. Our stadium will be finished at the end of next season, so I feel like we need to have at least a couple more years here before we move on.

unknown.thumb.png.7aa24c809912583818e0b4ff70e48f44.png

Now I'm looking forward to the Euros in my role as Italy manager, hoping to take our success at Modena onto the international stage.

Edited by Hitbox

• 2 weeks later...

Back to back quintuples and the Club World Cup to boot.

It feels like a ludicrous amount of success over the past three seasons, and I'm curious to understand why. I've been playing FM since CM2 Italia and I've never had such a dominant team, outside of using the pre-game editor to add a bunch of 200 CA school mates when I was a teenager.

I've narrowed it down to four potential reasons.

1) I'm a tactical savant (I'm not)

2) I've accidentally stumbled on an OP tactic

3) The game has reached a point where the young, speedy regens have a lower CA than aging real-life stars so the AI is picking players past their physical best that struggle to deal with my high press

4) FM22 is easier

I was considering my next move as it's important this stays as a journeyman save, although I'm quite interested to see how long this dominance can last. I don't think I will be able to keep this up for another season!

Oh, I won the Euros and Nations League with Italy as well this season, so I'm leaning towards 2) and 4)

unknown-18.png

unknown-16.png

On 08/07/2022 at 23:45, Hitbox said:

Back to back quintuples and the Club World Cup to boot.

It feels like a ludicrous amount of success over the past three seasons, and I'm curious to understand why. I've been playing FM since CM2 Italia and I've never had such a dominant team, outside of using the pre-game editor to add a bunch of 200 CA school mates when I was a teenager.

I've narrowed it down to four potential reasons.

1) I'm a tactical savant (I'm not)

2) I've accidentally stumbled on an OP tactic

3) The game has reached a point where the young, speedy regens have a lower CA than aging real-life stars so the AI is picking players past their physical best that struggle to deal with my high press

4) FM22 is easier

I was considering my next move as it's important this stays as a journeyman save, although I'm quite interested to see how long this dominance can last. I don't think I will be able to keep this up for another season!

Oh, I won the Euros and Nations League with Italy as well this season, so I'm leaning towards 2) and 4)

unknown-18.png

unknown-16.png

can you tell me how many of each trophy you have in italy?

and all your continental competion wins?