[FM22] Going Back To A Land Down Under

Zeonflux

For my main FM22 save this year I was struggling to decide which team to start with or country to start in when I realised that it’s been a full decade since my best save outside of England.

With that I mind I’ve chosen to head back down under to Australia and spend a few years (in game of course) reliving the great times I had on FM12 whilst managing Gold Coast United.

Now as far as I remember Gold Coast United folded in around 2014 and so picking up where I left off with them isn’t possible but I do know that there is another Gold Coast team but they’re not in the base game and so playing as them isn’t possible. (I’m sure there is a league mod to get them but I can’t be bothered getting it sorry).

So with Gold Coast out of the equation I briefly scoured the Aussie league for a team to manage and was hit by a wave of nostalgia for some of my old foes, the likes of Brisbane Roar, Sydney FC and Adelaide United in particular as I took great joy in beating them and taking their best players once their contracts were up. Big Eric Paartalu was a pivotal signing at DM.

After some careful consideration I decided that I just couldn’t bring myself to manage any of the teams I’d previously bullied into submission on my way to 6 consecutive league titles and so I’ve decided that my destination will be South West Sydney as the new manager of MacArthur FC. To be fair it works out quite wonderfully as MacArthur’a nickname is the Bulls, same as my hometown club of Hereford FC so I’m still rocking the Bulls.

Now to the crux of the save, the main goal is to have fun and just reminisce on the great times I had 10 years ago whilst playing with Gold Coast United but from there there will be some other stipulations.

1. Must win multiple league titles (secondary task of back to back titles at least once)

2. Must with the Asian Champions League (I did it with Gold Coast and so I must do it with MacArthur)

3. Attempt to sign players that I had with Gold Coast in 2012 (I’ll post a list of those still in game in my next update)

4. Once these have been achieved the save will turn into a journeyman and I can travel wherever I want (except England)

Other than that the it’s just as save to have fun and enjoy

Edited by Zeonflux

11 minutes ago, Punch said:

Sounds like a fun save! Good luck from an Aussie...take it easy on the Jets if you can, they've had it tough enough :lol:

I’m hoping so fella, had a great time with that save, about 3 seasons in I ended up with Carlos Fierro and Erick Torres banging in the goals so they’re big target to try and sign for the save.

Ironically enough Newcastle Jets were a real bogie team for me, think I ended up with more draws against them than wins, was the same with Wellington Phoenix

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

Ironically enough Newcastle Jets were a real bogie team for me, think I ended up with more draws against them than wins, was the same with Wellington Phoenix

Standard Jets...beat the teams at the top of the table and get belted by the bottom teams :lol:

1 minute ago, Punch said:

Standard Jets...beat the teams at the top of the table and get belted by the bottom teams :lol:

To be fair to them, during my old save they were normally battling it out for the playoffs.

Having said that they were a strange team, always started the season like they were gonna finish last by a long distance and then come the second half of the season they were a freight train and most teams were lucky to get a draw