[discussion] Instruct Coaches to train new position

pdmalcolm

I already raised this in the general discussion forum, but apparently it can't currently be done in game... I'm not a manager who gets into the nuts and bolts of individual or squad training. I'm more of an Ancelotti type, giving encouragement, an arm around the shoulder, buying and selling and setting up the team. However, a major bugbear of mine for a while now is when i get, for example, a winger who'd make a great striker or a full back who'd be boss as a DC. If I instruct my youth coaches to train that position, I have to take control of every aspect of his individual training from here to eternity and the same with all my other youth teamers worth a damn and that's just not how I like to play. 

Is there any mileage in being able to direct a player's development and ask the coaches to retrain him in a position of my choosing. I've had wonderkids who I'm certain haven't reached their full potential because I keep playing them in the role their stats suggest to me they're best suited to rather than the one they came into my academy as. 

Edited by pdmalcolm

• pdmalcolm changed the title to [discussion] Instruct Coaches to train new position

I find you get the most progress retraining a players position when they're young and you play them in competitive game in said position.

Other attributes such as adaptability comes into it as well, you can only learn so much in training and generally that happens when you're a child/teenager as opposed to being an adult.

1 hour ago, MasterKano said:

I find you get the most progress retraining a players position when they're young and you play them in competitive game in said position.

Other attributes such as adaptability comes into it as well, you can only learn so much in training and generally that happens when you're a child/teenager as opposed to being an adult.

I agree. But to do that, I have to take on all of his individual training and, if I remember well, everybody else's too. And I don't want to do that. I just want to be able to tell my staff "I want this kid to be trained as a centre back" and check back on how he's developing twice a year. 

• 4 months later...