Adapting when player is treatet

Joël1886

I recently lost a game due to conceding a late goal which in itself is a bit frustrating. More frustrating was how it came to the goal. When the highlight startet I noticed one of my CD beeing treatet on the side. Now i had just one CD left on the pitch and my team just left a hole in defense lining up in a 3-3-3 with  a huge gape which was exposed on the counter.

Would it be possible to either have one of the midfielders drop into defense when a defender is treatet automatically? Or make it possible to implement a possibility where i can set up a standart formation for 10 players it changes to when a player is treatet or sent off? In real life teams train how to play with one man less as well.

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for raising this with us, it is possible to make these changes in match when you see that the player is down. Currently as you mentioned there isn't a way to automatically switch to a different 10 man formation. So that is now part of our internal database of features for consideration. As such it may end up rejected or with further input in a future version of FM :)