Tactic for teams of all levels

First of all let me thank ManCity for putting this tactic up, it's stopped me from abandoning the game altogether.

I've worked on a variation of this, after noticing that my wingers were doing absolutely nothing at all and gaining crap ratings all the time. I was also growing unhappy after a really good start, that my Bury team wasn't creating many chances. I've changed it to the following.....

------------------------Ruddy--------------------------

----Anane-------Tod--------Cresswell-----Molyneux--

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------Thompson--Scott---Buchanan------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------Baker---------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------Fleetwood-----Bishop-------------------

Scott has the same instructions that the box-to-box midfielders in MC's tactic had, Thompson and Buchanon have the same insutrctions as the wingers did, apart from the Mentality being moved back by one, forward runs/run with ball changed to mixed for both Thompson & Buchanan. So all three centre-mids are pretty similar to MC's "Box-to-Box" midfielders. Baker is moved forward but ahs the same role as Elano as per MC's first post too.

Fleetwood is changed to forward runs often and first notch of attacking, Bishop is as per MC's lone striker.

Played two games so far, but to give an indication, absolutely mauled Stockport and won 3-0 in the Johnstone's Pain Trophy. Played Brentford in the league the following weekend and won 2-0, Brentford are doing crap in the league but genuinely have a really good squad by League 2 standards.

I know there is a lot to fo in this but it's looking good, dominating possession, haven't conceded against two good sides and turning the possession into chances and more goals.

If anyone is interested I will upload it tonight?

Yeah mate, get it uploaded and ill give it a bash :).

My original tactic has stopped working now because the game is pathetically difficult, so im looking for more.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fullbacks are rating fairly well (by FM09 standards) with both your formation and slightly better with this one. They are a lot more noticeable when going forward with my tactic as they basically are the only width I have.....I've narrowed the "Width" bracket very slightly to reflect this.

Again, I know I'm only two games in, but murdering Stockport is a fairly good sign.

During the two games I've played, I've used youth players David Thompson and Ricky Anane and they've done well, problem is I have 3 wingers on loan on a good wage which I might need to punt now.

The only sight drawback I've noticed is that the attacking midfielders, Richie Baker, has been gaining poor ratings since I started this and he was the best player in the league beforehand. His stats have improved beyond all recoginition to be honest since the start of the season.

If this keeps up, I might try and vary it a bit, but I gave him a bollocking both times and his second half performance picked up quite a bit both times.

I wonder if it would work having 4 midfielders all central and box to box?

TBH mate, im going to follow like a sheep (so to speak) and make a standard, attacking, defensive, control & shut-up-shop tactic and accept losing alot of games and that UNLIKE real life, you cannot use the same tactic. Im just gonna play like a robot with no enjoyment or fun (because the game is dull) until I cannot stand it any longer (not long).

That's the way the game has gone (unfortunately) so this may be my last FM.

Im gonna use my original tactic as a 'standard' tactic (or maybe your tweaked one - will have a look) and alter it for defensive, attacking etc etc from there.

FM09 = Embarrasment to FM series.

I'm finding the wingers play well & provide a lot of the assists, however after a time I did find that the SC wasn't playing so well, so I increased his mentality by 2 clicks to attacking and it's improved his performance a great deal both in scoring and rating (even when he doesn't score). What I really like about this tactic is it's defensive solidity and if you score first it can be lethal on the counter.

I'm finding the wingers play well & provide a lot of the assists, however after a time I did find that the SC wasn't playing so well, so I increased his mentality by 2 clicks to attacking and it's improved his performance a great deal both in scoring and rating (even when he doesn't score). What I really like about this tactic is it's defensive solidity and if you score first it can be lethal on the counter.

I have played 10 games with this Tactic and lost everyone of them :( I play as Doncaster Rovers and after restarting the game about 8 or 9 times i'm beginning to think keeping them in the Championship is impossible .

The only tactic that I get any joy with is & all out attack one I made myself but even that can't keep me up as I lose more than I win but it's got me the highest points total so far.

Has anyone kept Doncaster up just so I know it can be done and if so how?

Man City 12, my variation on this has stopped working and it almost seems as though some of the instructions have changed by themselves but I'll wait and make sure that it's not me who has made a mistake.

I haven't the faintest idea why I gub Stockport, who are the league above me (I think) then Brentford and my team completely stops playing against a lowly and terrible Exeter side.

I was getting very frustrated with this game but i must say this tactic has restored my love for FM09. Dont get me wrong i am not the type that wants to go through the whole season destroying teams but at 34 years old with a full time job that unfortunatly i have to bring home with me sometimes i could not sit and go through pages and pages of tactics. I decided to pick one and give it a go and i guess i just was lucky to pick this one.

I recomend this tactic to everybody who wants to put the 'fun' back in the game, Many people who play this game just want to pick it up and go! PLEASE consider this when making the next installment. Thanks for the great tactic.

I was getting very frustrated with this game but i must say this tactic has restored my love for FM09. Dont get me wrong i am not the type that wants to go through the whole season destroying teams but at 34 years old with a full time job that unfortunatly i have to bring home with me sometimes i could not sit and go through pages and pages of tactics. I decided to pick one and give it a go and i guess i just was lucky to pick this one.

I recomend this tactic to everybody who wants to put the 'fun' back in the game, Many people who play this game just want to pick it up and go! PLEASE consider this when making the next installment. Thanks for the great tactic.

Thanks alot for your feedback mate, it is greatly appreciated :).

I have a new set of tactics however now and have moved completely away from trying to create 'the ultimate tactic'.

I have a standard home, standard away, control game, attack and defend tactic which I swap around in-game to suit the situation.

It works alot better and doesnt really involve much messing (other than swapping from one tactic to the next during a match).

I would be happy to e-mail them on for somebody to post them up here......Hammer1000 where are you? :D.

Thanks alot for your feedback mate, it is greatly appreciated :).

I have a new set of tactics however now and have moved completely away from trying to create 'the ultimate tactic'.

I have a standard home, standard away, control game, attack and defend tactic which I swap around in-game to suit the situation.

It works alot better and doesnt really involve much messing (other than swapping from one tactic to the next during a match).

I would be happy to e-mail them on for somebody to post them up here......Hammer1000 where are you? :D.

Gogo Hammer we need links

Archived