FM Touch- Scouting assignments/attribute masking

Realise this isn't the Touch thread but that appears to be pretty inactive so hoped people could help here. Playing FM for first time since FM2015. Finding the new full game too complex now so decided to play Touch instead and liking that, but am unsure about scouting on it.

There is no scouting knowledge it appears, so what exactly does scouting assignments do on FM touch? Does it just bring to your attention existing players, or actually find new lesser known players? And how to go about setting scouting assignments when there's no existing scouting knowledge shown.

I notice there's no attribute masking setting for Touch so all players have fully known stats, which is a bit disappointing as I thought they could have made that optional. I've just now bought that for a quid in the steam store (clicking install once purchased did nothing) as found it was available, but not finding any difference, for existing or new saves. Can't see an option to enable masking on starting a new game, or anything in preferences, and no players seem to have attributes masked. How the heck do we enable this please??

Edited by swfc-dan