My odd league (in more ways than one)

edmund_graham

So, I have a league I set up where all the Premier League teams are managed by people I know (I know that sounds weird, don't ask). I could bring up some of the weird results after 11 games (Burnley competing for European football alongside Sheffield United, who've yet to lose a game and even put five past Arsenal earlier in the season).

But the most notable results, to me anyway, came up in the Champions League, because from a group with my Man United, Celtic and Dynamo Zagreb...Real Madrid finished 3rd. Admittedly they shouldn't have been left needing a win from a final matchday, but they then proceeded to draw 0-0 vs Dinamo Zagreb.

A team who'd lost all five of their games without scoring a goal.

And who played a chunk of the second half with 10 men.

On the other hand the virtual Europa League will include Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea, AC Milan, Tottenham and Leicester among others so that's a tasty prospect.

(for anyone curious Chelsea won a thriller against PSG on the opening night...so of course pulled a real-life Man U and got knocked into third on the last night)

Sheffield United beat West Ham 2-1 and are 3rd, only behind Man City on goal difference. You really couldn't make this up.

Although their next two games are Chelsea and Man City so this'll be the real test of if this was a flukey start or whether the top four need to start genuinely worrying

Edited by edmund_graham

The night after Arsenal stunned Liverpool 4-0 (to help Everton, who came from behind v Spurs to leapfrog them), Sheffield United beat Chelsea 1-0 at Bramall Lane.

They...actually have more chance of a tilt at the title than far more valuable teams currently

Well, the Blades unbeaten start to the season finally came to an abrupt halt, thanks to a Sterling hat-trick (in spite of Lundstram giving a brief hope they might fight back for a draw).

On the other hand Arsenal raced into a 2-0 lead over West Brom inside 20 minutes...then conceded twice in the last 15 to drop two points.