Cannot Save again after One Drive reached capacity

DerKommissar

Hi There

This issue relates to Football manager 2021 for Windows 10 (Xbox game pass)

Recently i noticed a message saying my Windows One Drive was getting full, and then it was at max capacity. Little did I know that all my Football manager saves were being backed up to one drive. Once my one drive was maxed out, football manager started giving me an error message when i try to save saving 

" Save game failed - The Game could not be saved because there is not enough disk space. Free up some more and Try again" , i then get a corrupted save which cannot be loaded

My local hard drives all have plenty of free space, so i can only presume this has come about because of one drive. I cleared out space on one drive and still the error message persists, even when i start a new save game. 

To resolve this issue i have tried:

-Uninstalling and reinstalling the game onto a different hard drive
-Saving my game as completely new file on a new drive
-Saving to the cloud as opposed to my local machine
-Disconnecting one drive from my PC and severing all ties with it

Absolutely nothing has made any difference, almost as if a switch has been flicked and something needs resetting somewhere.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, i don't want to have to reinstall windows! 

Best Regards

George 

Hi Guys, found a solution tested in 2 pcs:

0. Backup your saves if you want.

1. Re-installed xbox app from microsoft store. 

2. Go to C:/User/[your_user_name]/AppData/Local/Packages and delete the folder SportsInteractive[apparently_random_letters]

3. Go to C:/Documents and delete the SportsInteractive folder

4. Reboot.

5. Start FM 21 and cancel the sync to cloud.

6. Start a new random save and save it locally. This save was working for me, after it I was able to save anytime.

• SI Staff

Yeah we've been able to confirm that if you save on a hard drive different to where the game is installed (so for instance if the game is installed on C:, then save the game on D:) that it will work as a workaround.

We're very much working on addressing this issue with an update, but for those of you with secondary drives this is a workaround to allow you to play in the meantime.

Appreciate your patience as we deal with this situation. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

Yeah we've been able to confirm that if you save on a hard drive different to where the game is installed (so for instance if the game is installed on C:, then save the game on D:) that it will work as a workaround.

We're very much working on addressing this issue with an update, but for those of you with secondary drives this is a workaround to allow you to play in the meantime.

Appreciate your patience as we deal with this situation. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

Is there anyway to bring back game files that originally wouldn't save and now when try to open they say "database can't be found"? I've moved all my saves to another hard drive but still can't open any that i previously tried to save with this issue