FM2020 Cannot upgrade training facilities––please help!

I am in almost my 50th season playing as Nottingham Forest, having won around 20 league and Champs League titles. However, I have been unable to upgrade my training facilities for the last 30 or so seasons, with the result that my training facilities are now average, my players are not progressing satisfactorily, and I have a virtual handicap in the game.

At regular intervals my youth facilities become outdated, and then there's always the option to upgrade.
But at Club vision>Make a board request>Facilities there is *never* the option for me to upgrade my regular training facilities. I might add that throughout the game I have been very 'rich', so lack of finances is not the reason. Also, I have twice built a new stadium, so don't think it's linked to an old ground.

Is this a bug in the game? If so, can it be fixed?
Are there any other workarounds?

Please help!

You don't share facilities with another team? Have a look at your affiliates and check. It's the only thing I can think of, of the top of my head at least.

Wow... 
I think you may have solved my problem...

I have played 5 iterations of FM, and put many, many hours in, but I never would have thought of that.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes (no option to make a board request yet).

In the meantime, thanks so much for responding!

22 minutes ago, alordslums said:

Wow... 
I think you may have solved my problem...

I have played 5 iterations of FM, and put many, many hours in, but I never would have thought of that.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes (no option to make a board request yet).

In the meantime, thanks so much for responding!

Happy to help if this fixes things. I couldn't think of anything else that could have caused it, so I hope the option to improve them will show up in a few months.