Arsenal Rebuild

alvin14

Arsenal Rebuild (You Can’t Win Anything With Kids)

Why do football clubs never just have a complete rebuild and go with young players to win in the future. Arsenal for example have been stuck in a rut for years and don’t seem to be going anywhere. I’m sure if you told most football fans they could have a handful of years of transition, for then continued success, years down the line I’m sure most fans would bite your hand off. I guess clubs and fans want instant success and there is so much money involved in football, so a few down years just isn’t an option. Anyway it’s something I’m very passionate about, but I won’t go into too much detail here, I’ll save for that another time somewhere else haha. So the plan is to do the following:

• - Only sign youth players 20 or under.
  • - Use players from the academy.
  • - Sell any players that have no future at the club in terms of age.

I’ve set myself a target of 10 years, 5 seasons for the rebuild and then a further five of hopefully premier league domination haha. The first four seasons are the boards objectives in the game, a little ambitious in my opinion but hopefully my youthful squad can deliver.

• Season 1 - Qualify for champions league
  • Season 2 - Work towards being the best of the rest
  • Season 3 - Become the best of the rest
  • Season 4 - Challenge for title
  • Season 5 - Challenge for title again
  • Season 6 - Win the league
  • Season 7 - Win the league
  • Season 8 - Win the league
  • Season 9 - Win the league
  • Season 10 - Win the Quadruple

My FM journey has been awful for want of a better word this year but I’ve been looking forward to this save for a while, but let’s go and prove Alan Hansen wrong and go and win it with the kids.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

1 hour ago, alvin14 said:

Arsenal Rebuild (You Can’t Win Anything With Kids)

Why do football clubs never just have a complete rebuild and go with young players to win in the future. Arsenal for example have been stuck in a rut for years and don’t seem to be going anywhere. I’m sure if you told most football fans they could have a handful of years of transition, for then continued success, years down the line I’m sure most fans would bite your hand off. I guess clubs and fans want instant success and there is so much money involved in football, so a few down years just isn’t an option. Anyway it’s something I’m very passionate about, but I won’t go into too much detail here, I’ll save for that another time somewhere else haha. So the plan is to do the following:

• - Only sign youth players 20 or under.
  • - Use players from the academy.
  • - Sell any players that have no future at the club in terms of age.

I’ve set myself a target of 10 years, 5 seasons for the rebuild and then a further five of hopefully premier league domination haha. The first four seasons are the boards objectives in the game, a little ambitious in my opinion but hopefully my youthful squad can deliver.

• Season 1 - Qualify for champions league
  • Season 2 - Work towards being the best of the rest
  • Season 3 - Become the best of the rest
  • Season 4 - Challenge for title
  • Season 5 - Challenge for title again
  • Season 6 - Win the league
  • Season 7 - Win the league
  • Season 8 - Win the league
  • Season 9 - Win the league
  • Season 10 - Win the Quadruple

My FM journey has been awful for want of a better word this year but I’ve been looking forward to this save for a while, but let’s go and prove Alan Hansen wrong and go and win it with the kids.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

I’ve finally made a start, I restarted the game because I hadn’t transfer listed the players I wanted to get rid of in the right way, well in my eyes anyway. Well that was a massive waste of time for two reasons:

1. I wanted to offer the players out for an unspecified amount to get the most money possible, however they’re all older players so nobody is going to offer above their value anyway.

2. I’ve now gone back to the original save which had auto saved just before I’d offered contracts to all my new staff and offered the unwanted players out. My football manager guilt got the better of me and I am not one of those to quit and reload the game, I never have been and I never will be. It would probably make me a better fm play in all fairness I’d certainly get sacked less haha.

So all in all a massive waste of time and I’m probably overthinking a computer game way too much haha, I felt guilty for starting the game again and here we are back to the original save. I’ve got mostly the same staff I had tried recruiting in the first save, the scout I wanted now won’t come to me, so maybe that’s karma and my own fault.

Never mind we’re up and running and I’m looking forward to seeing how long I can last before getting sacked.