New Interface and Dynamics For Lower Leagues

mentese

I bet you noticed the interest into lower leagues has increased IRL. There are even some movements as #againstmodernfootball.

I know that you are not interested in this, maybe because of you don't consider it profitable. But let me try my chance...

Lower league has different dynamics.  Unfortunately FM is not suited into that. You don't get the atmosphere of lower leagues.

Training methods, tactics, board and player interactions are far more different than the professional football which is presented in the game. 

I can give those examples below:

• Contracts are not always on the paper and trustworthy. It is so common to see late salary payments even dishonored drafts.
  • Boards expectations are mostly for short periods.
  • Staff allocations are much more different than pro-football. For example it is very rare to see physiotherapist in a club. Most of the time you can see a substitute player or a coach is running in the pitch to take care of an injured player. I don't even talk about football director or other staff positions. Most clubs has usually very limited staff allocations.
  • Scouting usually based on connections then the scouting range. Known managers are good providers here. But best resource here is the squad players. Usually they bring their friends as a new sign. This option has to be more active then higher league teams.
  • Players are escaping from training more often, since most of lower league players are volunteer.
  • Referees are more novice
  • Players expectations and dialogs are more different.
  • Press conference are so rare.
  • Much more high scored results.
  • Free entrance for the match. So no seasonal tickets. But clubs could organize proms before the season to get some funds.
  • Donations but no sponsors. It is so difficult to find a sponsor for a lower league team. Most of the clubs survives with donations, state aids or sugar daddy.
  • More injuries.
  • Player positions are not restricted. (It is more often to see a striker playing as central defender).
  • Different moral triggers:
  1. Club reputations has more effect.
  2. Club's financial capability has more effect.
  3. Better facilities has more effect.
  4. Equipment donations is a boost for players... (If you give a football shoe to a player, you can make him the most happy player, as long as you can make him upset if you are playing with the old jerseys :D)
  • Random events such as:
  1. training cancel (especially because of not enough players or heavy weather conditions), 
  2. smoking or even imbiber players,  :D
  3. players are ignoring to use shin guards,
  4. fights between players and supporters,
  5. being late for the match (you can also be late as whole team if you just can't find the location of the away stadium :D),
  6. more de jure winnings (Most of the clubs are pulled out when it is close to the end of the season, because they have no more target in the league).

Interface

Beside those, we definitely need some different look in those screens to suit lower league atmosphere:

• Dressing room
  • Tactical
  • training
  • Board room

I know that most people would say that ''this could be done with background pictures'' but i am not agree with this. Here i am not talking about make-ups, but hiding some of the pro manager abilities, such as analystics. I mean which statistics are we talking about here? Most of lower league clubs doesn't even have scouts in the staff. Maybe even the tactics and training screen could be more simple for lower leagues.

I know that all i write here sounds like a new game for you guys. But i hope this would be at least a trigger for Football Manager to give an interest into the lower leagues. Please do not ignore lower leagues. I even believe that it also has more financial potential that would surprise you. I also believe that you are ignoring those leagues because of the lack of players on the db. I am agree with that. But you know what...? Amateur leagues are much more realistic and fun with generated players.

I am in this community as a Turkish Assistant Researcher for long time. I am focused in amateur leagues since this is my main interest in football. Beside that i am also releasing an amateur league patch for Turkish leagues for almost 10 years now. You can't imagine the interest in it.  

I hope you would give more interest in lower leagues.