[FM21] European Journeyman

Tig212

Hello everyone, FM21 is the first Football Manager game that I have played, but I will be trying my best to give you an enjoyable read through my journey! My aim is to win the league in 34 countries in Europe which I will manage in (slightly modified list from the leagues provided by FM) and I will post the countries below. 

Faroe Islands, Iceland, Finland. Ireland, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Sweden, Norway, Croatia, Czech, Greece, Switzerland, Serbia, Cyprus, Denmark, Turkey, Ukraine, Scotland, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and England.  

I will also look to manage a club from Liechtenstein at some point.

Wales and Northern Ireland have already been completed in my other save that unfortunately I won't be continuing because of problems with the league. I will post results (with pics) below.
We will be starting off in the Faroe Islands.

Completed: Wales, Northern Ireland, Faroe Islands

Incomplete:  Iceland, Finland. Ireland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Sweden, Norway, Croatia, Czech, Greece, Switzerland, Serbia, Cyprus, Denmark, Turkey, Ukraine, Scotland, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and England.

Credit for @Timo@ for his megapack (Switzerland, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands)

Summary of my previous save

8/2020-1/2022 - TNS (Trophies: JD Cymru Premier, JD Welsh Cup, Nathaniel MG Cup)

1/2022-7/2022 - Warrenpoint (Trophies: None)

7/2022-11/2023 - Glenavon (Trophies: Danske Bank Premier, Mid-Ulster cup, Northern Irish Cup, Bet McLean Cup)

ej1achieve.PNG.962ee8629a917befc51e86417d153687.PNG             

ej1stats.thumb.PNG.d100bcc5425dcaa486613c5e6878760a.PNG

I hope you enjoy my journey around Europe! :cool:

If you have any suggestions feel free to tell me!

Edited by Tig212

The Manager

ej2manager.thumb.PNG.d4ca9785555a09b32c50810401d360fa.PNG

Note: I gave myself a Continental B Licence because that was the highest badge that I earned in my previous (bugged) save.

It also might have given away the team that I am managing... ;)

As you may have noticed, our first club is KI Klaksvik.

We signed a contract worth £1,000 per week until the end of the season. (30/11/2020)

Next we will have a look at the squad and our transfers before starting the season.

I will post updates every 1-3 months to let you know my progress in this save.

Any questions or suggestions please let me know. 

kihireej2.PNG.6312bd153d8bc7883c6168fc6db2d8a5.PNG

The Squad: Transfers

**Note: All transfers below the highlighted column is made by me**

transferskiej2.thumb.PNG.68c78f895054b170511dcae5cfcd4adf.PNG

Sofus Erichsen - 19 years old with Danish nationality. Will initially join up with the second team (playing in the Faroese second tier) before being loaned out to Skala IF on deadline day.

Mattaeus Andersen - 18 year old with Danish nationality. Will be backup for the 2 central midfielders whilst also playing for the second team.

Roi Hentze - 20 year old with Faroese nationality, Will be backup to our first choice goalkeeper Lukasz Jarosinski. 

Noah Iversen - 19 year old with Danish nationality. Will be backup for the 2 strikers whilst also playing for the second team.

Michael Praest - 33 year old with Danish nationality. Will be playing on the right centre back in a back four.

Gabriel Christensen - 19 year old with Danish nationality. Will be given occasional chances to feature whilst mainly playing for the second team.

Emil Damgaard - 21 year old with Danish nationality. Will be backup to right back Deni Pavlovic.

Jeppe Schultz - 21 year old with Danish nationality. Will be given occasional chances to feature whilst mainly playing for the second team.

Mikkel Sorenson - 15 year old with Faroese nationality. Will initially join up with the second team.

Rodriguez - 29 year old with Spanish nationality. Will be a rotational option up front.

Rasmus Nielsen - 32 year old with Danish nationality. Will be a rotational option in midfield.

Mads Nordam - 24 year old with Danish nationality. Will be a backup for the centre backs.

Fixtures: February-April 2020

So far, so good.  We played 7 friendlies before the start of the season in March, which we won 6 and lost one which, embarrassingly, was against our second team who play in the Faroese second tier. At the start of the season the Storsteypadystur is played between the winners of the last Faroe Island Premier League and the Faroe Island Cup, which we won 4-0 to set the mark for the new campaign and also win our first trophy of Samuel's career. In the league we have won 6 and lost 1 of our matches (5-1 away at NSI Runavik) which saw us on 18 points in 1st place. Let's hope we can continue this good run of form but there is still a long way to go until the end of the season. The Second round of the cup will be in early May as we play Royn in the Faroese third tier (2.deild).

In other new, we have established a link with Undrio in the Faroese third tier (2. deild).

febmarapr2020.PNG.0aed6719622a94bd1104dca3cbd23d97.PNG

League Table

Note: Unfortunately there is no league table as I forgot to screenshot it.

Edited by Tig212

Fixtures: May-July 2020

May

May was almost a perfect month. A below par performance against Skala was responded to by a good win against Royn in the cup from the second XI so we will play EB/Streymur in the quarter final. Wins against EB/Streymur and TB followed as we looked to seal up the league title as soon as possible. A counter attacking masterclass against rivals HB was next while we ended the month with a nervy win over IF. 

June

A fantastic win against NSI Runavik, aided by a Tordur Thomsen own goal, was backed up by a good performance against plucky AB before we smashed EB/Streymur in the quarter finals of the cup. The last game of the month was terrible, however, as we deservedly lost to B36 1-0 without a fight. 

July

A nerve-wracking game against Vikingur Gota, where we almost surrendered a 4-0 lead, was followed by a similar performance against Skala. Next up was a poor performance against EB/Streymur but we eventually got the win after a red card on the verge of half time and a penalty which was converted by the captain Boris Dosljak. To round of the month we rescued a late draw against TB.

All in all, three good months as we march towards the league title. 

mayjunejuly2020.PNG.a4b3d34fb00bf5c7349f4d7fa2fe17f9.PNG

Fixtures: Aug-Oct 2020

August

BETRI DEILDIN MENN CHAMPIONS!!! 

The first half of the month had a Mourinho feel about it, winning four straight by a one goal margin, the last winning the league title as IF lost to HB Torshavn, while also booking a place in the cup final. The second half, however, was less rosy. Smashed by Celtic (predictably) in the Champions League was followed by consecutive losses against NSI and B36 where we got picked apart during transition.

September

Because of the international break there were no games in the first half of the season. We got a ridiculously easy draw against Tre Flori (Sanmarinese champions) and smashed them 4-1 before respectfully bowed out to Dundalk in the next round. We came from behind to beat Vikingur Gota in our only league game. 

October

LOGMANSSTEYPIO CHAMPIONS!!!

We won our last two league matches as Lindi Gardar fired himself sensationally to the top of the scoring charts before notching a late winner against NSI Runavik where we prevented them from playing on the counter attack. Thoroughly deserved double!

augsepoct2020.PNG.fcb224c7b8ab726e289c5f4753c5bed2.PNG

League Table

Won the league easily even though form dropped off after we won the title.

ki2020.PNG.c664729a124111b8b3905bc6222ce0e8.PNG

Youth Intake

Terrible intake. Best player Hans Eliasen with 15 finishing at 16 years old but only 2.5* potential, however signed all of them due to a failure in communicating between me and the HoYD. Released half of them once I realised my gaffe. :brock:

yi20.thumb.PNG.f26824c235a991698c8867a20f529fe1.PNG

Personal Accolades

Won Manager of the Year with a win ratio of 77% in the league. 

moty20.PNG.7075f276d6d39735ff4b70c30f3cc3f2.PNG

Note: Faroe Islands is now completed.

Edited by Tig212

Fixtures: Jan-Apr 2021

Friendlies

Early stutters against promoted 07 Vestur and our second team left me a bit worried but we found our groove in February and won all our games. In the Storsteypadystur curtain raiser we beat IF 2-1 thanks to late goals from Midtskogen and Fagerberg.

March

A dominant win against 07 Vestur started the month before adisappointing draw against Skala, in which we scored two stoppage time goals to level the scores. However, the boys responded brilliantly to thrash NSI Runavik as we hit them on the counter again and again. 

April

A poor month. The win against Vikingur Gota was the highlight as we didn't play well at all against TB and B36 but scraped a 2-1 win on both occasions. However, we weren't as lucky against IF as we were held to a draw. Disappointing.

febmarapr2021.PNG.4287ba821661ed78accd90ca3edaa8c2.PNG

League Table

ki2021(1).PNG.c451a64ae12fd8556df1c90e5839171c.PNG

Transfers (Winter 2021)

In                                                                                                                                                                                                              

transferinki2020(3).PNG.010965a265a3f6551a81ec66d8180528.PNG 

Out

transfersoutki2020(3).PNG.017d6888579ad4c2b8f7451f4d12ec3e.PNG

transferinoutki2021(1).thumb.PNG.028f6a4d9573eac369199346207a1122.PNG

Hojgaard, Vitalis Mork, Schimith, Johansen, Godtfred, Solheim and Thorsteinsson are youth prospects we took a punt on. They will be loaned out where possible or playing for the second team.

van der Heyden is a snip at £2,200 from relegated AB and will be backup on the wings replacing Lindi Gardar who is now a scout for the club.

vanderheyden(ki).thumb.PNG.ce4c0f79e7cf1ffd5d3111a8f8f67e52.PNG

Knudsen is a bargain on a free from NSI Runavik after terrorizing our defence last season. He would be rotating for the spots on the wings and up front, replacing Boris Dosljak who left.

knudsen(ki).thumb.PNG.98744b39149e9feda36f5f5c9479daa9.PNG

Smedsrud is on a amateur contract at FA2000 despite having 5* potential. He was immediately snapped up and he would be the longterm replacement for Jarosinski who is already 32, even though he will play in the cup and easier league games.

smedsrud.thumb.PNG.ae94654198938d58f539a0301ef6cfd7.PNG

Lee-Dong Gook, boasting 108 caps and 33 goals for South Korea to add to clubs like Middlesborough and Werder Bremen on his CV is an unbelievable signing for the club despite being 42, even more so when he is only on £90 a week. He will be an impact sub for the second half of the season occasionally given a starting role as he couldn't last 90 minutes given his age.

leedonggook.thumb.PNG.586a385b9a67ffc755bc6d459bbe84aa.PNG

All the outs except one were given development loans, which was...

dosljak(notki).thumb.PNG.fd17aeeb56d9a841ab792a192a6d12a8.PNG

...Boris Dosljak! He only had a year left on his contract and he also wanted to move to a bigger club so he was sold to Mezokovesdi in Hungary for £3,500 upfront and £7,000 in total if all the requirements are met. Also had a 10% sell on clause despite his age as his value skyrocketed to £70,000 once he joined his new club.

Edited by Tig212