Qualify teams for competition (comp never starts)

Wild Dog

Hi

So I have created a 16 team league (30 matches) that runs from August to January. I have set it so the top 8 qualifies to a cup that runs in February and March (it's basically a championship playoff, but I want it to be a separate competition).

At least it shows in game, that the 8 teams have qualified (both with a "Q" on the league table and on the "qualifiers" page on the cup.

The problem is the cup never starts (not the first year and not a year offset).

- What can I do?

- Can I qualify teams for a "(separate competition) championship playoff" in any other way?

Best regards,

WD

Edited by Wild Dog

• Wild Dog changed the title to Qualify teams for competition (comp never starts)
  • 1 year later...

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having an identical issue in my build and have tried messing with gaps between the competitions, setup dates, competition dates, and many other advanced editor options but I'm still never able to get this playoff to start.

15 hours ago, picketyp said:

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having an identical issue in my build and have tried messing with gaps between the competitions, setup dates, competition dates, and many other advanced editor options but I'm still never able to get this playoff to start.

Did you set the other competition's relevant stage as a requirement for the new competition? eg. if teams qualify for Cup A stage 0 from League B stage 0, then on Cup A stage 0 you need to have League B stage 0 on the requirements page. You need to tell it to not setup until the other stage finishes. Otherwise it will try to do so beforehand, there won't yet be any qualified teams and it will fail. Oh, and of course make sure to tick the "for this year" box on the qualification as well.

I managed to work this out - pretty simple mistake in hindsight.  I asked for the parent competition to be completed, but needed to include all the child comps on the requirements page.  So you were right on to what my issue was.