Set Piece Routines based on Mentality

Lexis

The suggestion is rather simple.

For corners, free kicks and throw ins, let us add different routines for each tactic mentality.

The reasoning is rather simple:

On a 2-0 lead if I'm playing cautiously, I'd want to keep a few people at the back on set pieces to not get caught on the counter.

If I'm chasing a 2-0 lead and playing on attacking / very attacking, I would want the opposite, to have more people load the box.

Doing this at the moment means manually going and changing routines while in match.

Let us pick specific routines for specific mentalitites.

Simple and effective.

Thanks.

I would maybe suggest that IRL teams don't have multiple set-pieces for the state that the game is in. But what would be good and more realistic probably is for the assistant to perhaps offer a suggestion to change based on the way the game is set? For example, 

Winning 2-1, 15 minutes to go, your assistant suggests "we should think about telling *certain player* to stay back for corners as we want to be more cautious now". You can choose to ignore this advice if you feel you are a  threat a set-plays and could get more or that the opposition isn't causing enough of a threat to warrant keeping an extra man back. For example, if the opposition are still only leaving 1 up because they are worried about the numbers you are sending forward, then there might be no need to change.

• 2 months later...