[FM20] - Singapore Sling (Youth Only)

ashjm

image.jpeg.4130c502cfcddee0c886a1e39dab60cc.jpeg

The Police Sports Association was founded in the mid-1940s to organise football activities for the Singapore Police Force. It sent two teams to compete in the Singapore Amateur Football Association League in the 1950s and 1960s, but neither team won any trophies. Under coach Choo Seng Quee, Police SA won the inaugural President's Cup in 1968, then reached and lost the next two finals. In 1979, it joined the National Football League, was placed in Division III, and immediately earned promotion to Division II. In 1980, Police SA won the Division II title, the President's Cup and the Boggars Cup. In 1985, it was national league champions, after setting a national record as the only team to go unbeaten for 17 consecutive games. The performances of Police SA led to its selection as one of eight teams to compete in the newly formed S.League.[1] When the S.League was formed in 1996, the club was known as the Police Football Club. The following year, its name was changed to Home United to reflect the fact that the team represented not only the Singapore Police Force, but also other HomeTeam departments of the Singapore Ministry of Home Affairs such as the Singapore Civil Defence Force and the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority. Home United was two-time S.League winners and holders of a record six Singapore Cup trophies. It was the first club to achieve the S.League and Singapore Cup double in 2003. The team's nickname was the "Protectors"; its mascot, a dragon; its home ground, the Bishan Stadium. On 14 February 2020, the club was privatised for the first time in its history, when Singaporean billionaire Forrest Li announced that he had purchased a 100% stake in the club.[2] Home United Football Club was officially renamed Lion City Sailors Football Club, and its signature red kits and badge were replaced with white tops and a blue crest.

image.jpeg.55cecfdf90b97ac47f71da23724d15cb.jpegimage.jpeg.8cd6bd6bdd1bf403b113df05d84307ff.jpeg

After reading the above I knew this was the place for me. Taken over by a billionaire what a great thing to have in a smaller country. The aim here though is not to buy all the best players and just win the League what I want to do is build up the Youth System here and in Singapore in general. At some stage I will be looking to take on the National Team job and see what I can do with them but for now it will just be the club, the excellently named Lions City Sailors Club.

zdsTRLW.png?1

Oliver Pufleet is maybe the best player here and one that I will hope to keep for as long as possible. He is an excellent prospect

Andrew Pengelly is another good striker who has a lot of potential. He will be another I will be hoping to keep but unfortunately maybe another who will be taken from us

Preseason 2019

CzhbLq8.png?1

Decent preseason really. Two draws as the lads get used to how I want them to play and to the system we will be using. We then picked up some form and some goals, and we looked really good doing it. 

saZO0Fd.png?1

I know we have some cash but it does not matter too much in a Youth Only save and this is a little bit daunting, the board also want me to challenge for the league title so there will be no easing into this it will be foot down straight away I suppose. 

March 2019

uFjolli.png?1

J5mI6ea.png?1

What a start. Beating Tampines is amazing as they were the winners of last year that is really good to start with. We drew our next game in which we did not play too well in. In the last game we were once again fantastic especially on the counter

April 2019

SL7LhGM.png?1

KMNsbuD.png?1

We have not had the best month with five points being dropped in the month. Although we are still very much in the title race had we not played badly we would have been ahead of the chasing pack. The win over the Young Lions was impressive as we played really well. 

WQKuMNO.png?1utHrTlZ.png?1

oZpWpgB.png?1

It is really nice to get these upgrades so early on. Hoping these will help with some fantastic intakes

Edited by ashjm

May 2019

djcSr48.png?1

uDg99Z6.png?1

Two wins in the month was good, especially in the first one as that was a team made up of Japanese players who are of a better standard than ours. We lost against our big title rivals which was gutting but with a game in hand I am hoping we can still go for the title.

July 2019

AoBOTSX.png?1

tXgN1CQ.png?1

The best month we have had. Two very good wins to start before the biggest game of the year. We totally controlled it and secured the three points to go top. Due to Tampines also suffering a shock defeat we now look very good. 

August 2019

jDczGL9.png?1

MYRAqi3.png?1

What a month for us as we win the league. Three wins and two draws secured our title with games to go. I would like to say it was our amazing form that secured the title but if I am honest it was not the only reason Tampines have absolutely thrown it away big time

T9RMVY5.png?1

Since our win they have been awful. 

End of Season 2019

nP8FgtP.png?1

A great time to finish the year as we brought in the Cup as well. We never really looked in any danger of not winning it. I love a bit of silverware. 

Stars of the Season

Oliver Purflett - 18 in 25 is not a bad return for a player who is maybe the best striker in the league. 

Gabriel Quak - he sends the back for Quackers (bad joke) decent return for a winger

Andrew Pengelly - 17 in 23, and for observant of those you will notice he has left us. The board accepted an offer of just £90,000 and he is off

Next Year

Well I actually think we have a squad weaker than this season so I am unsure as the loss of our striker was huge. I have a couple of players who were already in the youth team who will be coming into the first team and ones who I think may well get some game time. I am hoping to retain the league and see how we do in the Champions League. 

January 2020

wgXFjSx.png?1

So it seems in Singapore if you get into continental competition you do not really get a Preseason. We played one friendly which was a fairly easy win. In the Champions League we got past Shan United very easily. Next up was Australian giants Melbourne Victory in what was very much a smash and grab we took the victory. We finished off the month by being roundly beaten and moving into the Confed Cup

February 2020

Po9GOzt.png?1

TTUwr41.png?1

What a busy month. We scored a silly amount of goals. The Confed Cup has gotten off to an amazing start wiht 15 goals in two games and only one conceded I would say we should get out of the group. We had our first game of the season as well against old rivals Tampines. We battered them but could not break them down and get the goal so the season starts with a disappointing draw.

March 2020

ZVq38aa.png?1

RUTVV4a.png?1

An unbelievable month as we only concede one. The Confed Cup is now getting a little silly as we record yet another huge win. We also get three good wins in the league and that puts us top with a game in hand. 

April 2020

QEPHSwC.png?1

E7yDZxO.png?1

We had a really busy month as we played six games. In the Confed Cup we continued to look amazing by winning the next two games which was fantastic and puts us through to the next round. I am not sure how this cup works but it says I am in the Semi I think that is just of our area though. In the League we continue to smash teams and take a lead at the top of the table, the only down side was the draw against Tampines.

May 2020

8Gll5Aw.png?1

uynRavj.png?1

A really busy month where everything seemed to go very well for us. In the Confed Cup, we finished off the group with another huge win to go into the semis to face our rivals. We battered them and should now have enough to go through. In the League our superb form carried on as we won every game and now find ourselves clear at the top by a decent amount. 

June 2020

gjIl8dI.png?1

yZR7YVV.png?1

The worse month I have had here since I took charge and I dont really know why. We lost our first game in an absolute age. It did not matter too much as we were through thanks to our first leg heriocs. In the League we were poor and drew two games against teams who are challenging us in the League. Two wins would have taken us well clear. 

July 2020

yLfZlow.png?1

|epbd19p.png?1

A month where we just needed to worry about domestic issues and nothing else. Two wins to start was fantastic and we looked good in both of them. We then really struggled against Tampines and got beaten for the first time domestically in ages. Dont choke now

August 2020

E8sgeXk.png?1

LahvgpB.png?1

What a month. In the Confed Cup we won the final in our zone in two dominate games. This has now put us into another semi final where we managed to get a very good win against a North Korean team. In the League we have dominated everyone and recorded our 2nd straight title with games to spare. 

Oliver Puflett - is the big news. He has left me to go to a bigger club (even if we had beaten them in the Champions League) we get £165,000 with potential of £205,000. Gutted.

September 2020

ppcr3HP.png?1

DBdrxRu.png?1

Not the best month we have ever had. We finished the league season off with three wins which secured our title. In the Confed Cup we drew a game but given the big win in the first game we went through to the final. In the final we got a good win so I think we are set for the title. In the domestic cup we lost so we have plenty of work to do

Youth Intake

cKAS7v4.png?1

A decent Intake for us this year as we got a few players in who should grace our first team soon enough. We did not really get them in the spots we needed like GK but I am sure it will come to us. I am pretty pleased with the Defenders coming through. 

http://Lim Jian Wei - decent defender who will be good for us and I think is not too far from starting. 

Shahril Mohd Azmi - another defender who may well be the best defender to come in, he will be in the first team straight away

End of Season 2020

TII3qJT.png?1

Apologies I seemed to have done two months in one. I quite like it though as it was cup games so I just knocked them off. We had already won the League so it was just the Cups. The Singapore Cup went very well again as dominated it. We got through the group stage and then in the latter rounds our quality shone through and we recorded the 2nd straight domestic double. In the Confed Cup it is mental I have had so many semis and finals I never know if we have won it or just to another area. Eventually we did win it beating Syrian opposition, continental title this early on is amazing. 

Stars of the Season

Song Ui-Young  - with the two lads going to Australia he had to step up, and step he did. He is fantastic and a player I think will only get better.

Zulqarnean Suzliman - played in both spots down the right hand side and was always solid for me. A player I really like

Gabriel Quak - the duck does it again, I do have a left winger who is younger and getting better but he cant get in because of this lad. 

Next Year

I have a few young lads who are not too much worse than some of the older lads here so I am going to bring them in to blood them next year. With all the new upgrades for developments I am hoping for another good intake. I think the title will be something we need to win every year and I am hopeful even with the youngsters we will still do it. 

February 2021

pW7ATbE.png?1

vaix7Bq.png?1

2hrneab.png?1

We had a good win in the Community Shield to record yet another piece of silverware for this great little club. In the League we began with a good win against a team who were up with us last year so to get one over them early is great. In the Champions League, I honestly have no idea what is going on. We have won two games against teams so much better than we are and we are top of our group. We play a team from Japan next so I am hoping we can keep this going. I still dont think we will get out of the group though.

March 2021

R0oE9i4.png?1

8L02gfQ.png?1

QMrQi97.png?1

The Champions League carried on with another win and another good one at that. In the League we have lost a game, does this mean we have an actual challenger this year? I need to get some of the team back from injury. 

April 2021

mgD3jp2.png?1

3fOHHVK.png?1

uXMcUW8.png?1

We go back to the top of the league although the team below us have a game in hand so we may not stay there for long. In the Champions League we go to how I thought things would go. I think we are top on head to head record. Massive game next a draw puts us through

May 2021

KNR0mqv.png?1

7hM4VZo.png?1

We got four straight wins in the league which put us to the top of the league. We also beat one of our rivals to stick us right at the top of the table with a bit of a distance. In the Champions League we got our draw to get into the next round of the Champions League, we drew a huge Korean side and managed to get a lucky draw.

July 2021

ZPlMBp8.png?1

J8V7Z77.png?1

An amazing win in the Champions League puts us into the next round which is the quarter final, which is unbelievable I cannot honestly understand how. In the League we continued our amazing run as we won every game and recorded another title. 

August  2021

8O0xKUA.png?1

5qepLG2.png?1

We carried on with three more wins in the League and we have nearly beaten our points record one more draw and we will do. In the Champions League we may well have our dream run come to end as we have lost the first leg of the quarter final. 

September 2021

iNTlqtf.png?1

A good month where we finished off the league campaign with two wins to secure my highest points total ever. We began our Singapore Cup campaign with a win. We finally go out in the Champions League with a loss, but quarter finals what a run

Youth Intake

4NB0xiY.png?1

A very decent Intake this year as we brought in a few players. I was hoping for a striker but this will do

Khairul Anwar Abdul Aziz - decent player who is almost ready for first team

Baljit Duta - I think he could be very good I will be looking to get him out on loan

Mohd Arif Abdul Rahim - good keeper who I think will be soon be in the first team

End of Season 2021

klFykOy.png?1

We finished the month of with a fantastic end to the season with yet another cup win. We did it by being very solid at the back and being very hard to beat. In the League we continued to be amazing and won another league title this time with a record points total. I think the most impressive thing this year was getting to the quarter final of the Champions League, I have no idea how we did it but I am very pleased that we did. 

Stars of the Season

Faizal Mohd Radzi - one of the youth players who was brought into the squad in year one. He has gotten better and better and now looks very good. 

Song Ul-Young - has another fantastic year, scoring a lot and just being fantastic all round. He suffered an injury to end the year which pressed him a little. 

Amiruldin Asraf - the second striker who stepped up and scored a good few goals for us.

Next Season

I am not too sure really. Continue to dominate domestically has to be the main aim. If I can get a decent group in the Champions League to get through the group again would be fun. 

February 2022

ejiP8Li.png?1

ealFBo0.png?1

NrhJMp5.png?1

We managed to get another piece of silverware with another Community Shield, it was a close game where only our striking prowess got us the win in extra time. We also got a draw in our first game of the league, which was not ideal. In the Champions League we have been given a tough draw and had a tough start with only a point to start the group with. 

Edited by ashjm

March 2022

zW15L9Y.png?1

JbJLF6X.png?1

oK65cmG.png?1

A decent month. We got our first win in the Champions League this year and it has put us in with a chance of qualification. In the League we dropped points again which is not idea. We dont look amazing either at the moment so I need to make that better.

April 2022

EO0J1MW.png?1

lzdt2xb.png?1

jJVFSjS.png?1

We really turned the screw this month and took the League by storm beat two rivals to cement top spot. In the Champions League we drew a game and won a game and confirmed qualification to the next round with a game to spare

Edited by ashjm

May 2022

ySJcx1b.png?1

jVhZscM.png?1

A really good month where we once again dominated the League and I am thinking at this stage I have done enough to secure another title here in Singapore I cannot see us throwing it away at this stage now. In the Champions League we are through to the quarter finals for the second year running as we beat Japanese opposition to meet the team we beat in the 2nd round last year. 

June/July 2022

wMr3wol.png?1

aACbCSy.png?1

5nJPuaG.png?1

We have now secured a second spot at least in the league and this has given us Champions League next year. There is no way we will not win the League as we are superb and so far ahead it is daft. The Champions League has been excellent again as we knocked out Jeonbuk for the second year running and we are in the final. We will play the team that beat us last year in the quarter final. So we basically face the same teams in the knock out rounds last year but just a round later this year. 

End of Season 2022

Xaf0clZ.png?1

We ended the season with some success. We finished off the League with another win and this meant we had gone unbeaten in the League all year which is a superb achievement. We also recorded another Singapore Cup where I played a lot of the kids and still won it. In the Champions League we were so amazingly close to getting into the final, we lost on away goals and I could not believe it. 

Stars of Season 

Gabriel Quak - the duck is holding off the youngsters by performing amazing year in year out

Song Ul-Young - the main striker who is amazing for us, he is a legend here. 

Amiruldin Asraf - second striker who was excellent and had another fruitful season

Next Season

I think winning everything in Singapore again will be the main aim. A good Champions League run will be fun again to. Next year I wont be doing monthly updates I will just be updating on the Champions League as it is getting a bit boring just saying we won everything again