Unhappy at bid accepted - seems a bit rigid

tomthered

This isn't an especially major issue/idea; but it's a scenario I've come across a couple of times, so thought it was worth suggesting.

When players are unhappy that you've accepted a transfer bid for them, because they feel as though they're being 'forced out of the club', the options for your private chat with the player seem a bit too limited. They basically boil down to 'I'm sorry, it won't happen again' or 'we wanted to get rid of you for reasons x, y & z'.

However, often when a player comes to me with this concern I've accepted a bid for completely different reasons. I'm not trying to force them out, but I'm also comfortable with them leaving. It would be helpful to have some of these available in the private chat.

For example, it might be that the player is a useful squad player, but you received a substantial offer which was too good to turn down (example: Wolves bid £45m for Harry Wilson on my Liverpool save). He was a useful part of the squad, and you'd be very happy to keep him around, but could easily be replaced for quite a lot less than the money you've been offered. Some sort of 'We're delighted you want to stay at the club, but hope you can understand why we had to accepted such a high offer' option might be helpful here.

Another example: You receive a good offer for a player who is on the fringes of your squad, but would be a valuable member of the first team were he to move on. An example from the same save: Burnley make an offer for Curtis Jones. The offer was a good offer, the player was a useful squad player but would be easily replaceable, and moving on might end up being a great career move for them. Something along the lines of 'I thought you might like to speak to X, as it could be a good career move for you, but of course there is room for you in the squad here' could be a good option, perhaps?

Basically, this interaction only seems to give you the chance to force them out, or apologise, but there's no middle ground. Sometimes a good offer is a good offer, and you're comfortable with a player staying or going.