The Wuhan Virus

Zen69

Hi my name is Freddie Chang. The date is 3rd July 2021 and Chinese Club Wuhan have signed me up as their new Manager. Wuhan are currently 5th place in the Chinese National first Division. This is my first run at being a football manager and I'm very excited at this opportunity.

I go through the process of meeting the chairman and assistant manager. After speaking with them I learnt that wuhan football club had been founded in 2009 and was just a 13 year old which not really won any silverware during that time.

Later that day a press conference was called at Xinhua road stadium to officially introduce me to the media as the new gaffer of Wuhan.

The media asked me about my Chinese and Hong Kong nationality. I told them my Chinese heritage would help with managing wuhan. They then questioned whether I had the experience to manage Wuhan. And I reinforced I was the man for the job.

The media then informed me that they believed Song Wenjie would leave the club. I knew Song to be a key player and a 30 year old Chinese winger. I told them I would do everything in my power to keep Song Wenjie. 

After the media was finished. I met with my assistant manager Guo Liang who informed me that he believed our Bolivian ball winning midfielder Juan Penaranda was the best player in our squad. Juan was a real fan favorites and a current Bolivian international. I made a mental note that maybe I would build a side around him 

I then had a meeting to meet the entire back room staff. At that meeting head of youth development xi yongzhi informed me that Chinese 18 year old striker Du Kai, was the stand out player in the under 19s Wuhan squad. I noticed from watching some videos that Du kai was a fast runner with great top speed and versatility to play as an advanced forward , defensive forward or poacher. Unfortunately he was injured with a twisted ankle.

I then examined the Wuhan players and saw there were 7 older players I wanted to sell on to make some money from them. One notable player I was keen to sell was 36 year old Greek defender Avraham papadopolous, a player with 40 caps for Greece to his name. I had no time for old players it was time to create a revolution at Wuhan

Edited by Zen69

Had a meeting with the board and the wanted to discuss my season expectations. I told them I wanted to go for promotion and they seemed impressed with my ambition.

As a result they promised me a transfer budget of 34.64 million cny. I was pretty happy with that amount of money.

Next I met Guo Liang and he asked me to choose a club captain and vice captain. I thought defender Chen xiao and striker Quan Xuan had the potential to be awesome captain's.

However chi zhongguo was current captain so I called him in my office for a chat. I calmly explained I would be removing him from his captaincy . Chi zhongguo started arguing with me which made my blood boil. I managed to convince him to step down and I decided the new Captain would be Quan xuan

Quan Xuan was a talented young striker with amazing pace and great potential to develop into a star player. He had already scored 15 goals for Wuhan this season.

Quan was delighted that I trusted him enough to make him captain.

I then called my good friend zen who was manager of rival Chinese club meizhou kejia. Zen was happy for me that I got the Wuhan job.

Zen was dual manager of meizhou and also the Dutch national team on the side. He had managed Chinese club's zhongyou, fuli, Jiangsu, Qingdao, and meizhou.

I would need his support if I was to make it as a football manager I decided to have one of his wingers Chinese player Yin hongbo scouted.

I decided to put chi zhongguo on the transferlist. I saw him as surplus to requirements. He was 31 years old but he was one of the best players at Wuhan. However I didn't see him as part of my Wuhan viral revolution. 

The squad weren't happy about my decision so I had to hold a team meeting with them.

The squad were concerned I was trying to force Chi Zhongguo out of the club I answered them cautiously and lied to them telling them I didn't want to get rid of him.

They were pleased with my deception, and with the meeting concluded.

Just in time for my first match in charge. At home against Henan.