FM2008 Attribute Colour

seanefc

Right, im sure i will get the old 'use the search function' preaching off some people but heres the deal...

After literally endless searching on this forum, and others... i cannot find a way to change the attribute colours (i.e. passing, tacking etc) in FM2008

I am using the DEFAULT skin, on patch 8.0.2....

I have read the instructions posted alot on here, (i.e changing the values in settings.fmf)

This is the area of the settings file i have been changing... is this the correct section of the file to amend for a start?

<!-- profile attribute colours -->

<colour name="low attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="40" alpha="140"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="40" alpha="200"/>

<colour name="good attribute" red="40" green="40" blue="120" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="0" blue="255" />

<colour name="special attribute" red="0" green="100" blue="0" />

<colour name="attribute label" red="40" green="40" blue="40" />

<colour name="special attribute label" red="40" green="40" blue="40" />

<colour name="profile extra text" red="40" green="40" blue="200" />

When i try this, for instance when i change the 'excelent attribute' line to 255,0,0 (i assume changing all 'excellent' stats to red), i lose all colour in the text on the left hand side of the page (i.e. where i normaly see my team name, reserve team, finances etc) i have no text atall. (sorry if that isnt a very good explaination, its hard to put in to words). When i ammend the settings file to its original values everything goes back to normal.

I have reload skin ticked in preferences, and skin cache unticked

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? or is this just not possible to do with the Default skin?

I successfully changed the colours on FM2007 using this method, but why is it not working on FM08?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i say i have searched alot, but i cannot find any answers that work for me!

Thanks

right ok, i worked it out for myself

had to use resource archiver and create a copy of the default skin, then edit the 'fm colours' file

this thread was very helpful

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=36236

i do think its a bit of a shame that something that was so easy to change in FM07 is now much more tricky (for people like me with no real idea about skinning) in FM08.

Archived