Vanarama loan rules

Unsure if I’ve come across a bug or not, but I seem to have gone over the maximum amount of long-term loans (6) that is permitted in the Vanarama leagues in England.

Initially brought 6 players in on full-season loans and one other player on a short-term (1 month) loan. Just before my short-term loanee was due to leave, I extended his stay to a full season. The club accepted and, surprisingly for me, I was able to confirm the extension without the game telling me I’d maxed out my long-term loan slots. 

Is this a bug or have I misunderstood something about Vanarama loaning rules? 

How many of the players you loaned in were under 21? That's because under 21s don't count towards the long-term loan limit, under the Vanarama loan rules those count as youth/training loans.

Do you know if there are any rules about what divisions you can loan players from? Despite all my loanees being u-21 I can’t submit more loan offers for any players in League Two or above, yet I can for Vanarama players. It’s the 30th of August in my game, so I’m still within the transfer window of the Football League. 

• 10 months later...