Individual Training

I have haven't really got too involved in the Training side of the game since it became much more complex - I prefer to delegate to a well qualified member of staff.

So I appreciate that my complaint could be solved by me simply controlling training however I do not wish to do this.

I play a 4-3-3 formation and I do in every game I start - the roles in the team are pretty fixed, I therefore recruit players i think will fit into the system and the role I want them to fulfill, even if they do not necessarily have a full green circle for that role/position.

For example my midfield features a DLP in the DM slot and then 2 BBM in the 2 centre midfielder slots - however when I sign an MC I go to the training hub and notice that the asst manager or whoever I have delegated to look after training is training the player for a role I dont even have in the team whilst said player is still not fully familiar with role I want to use him for.

I would like an extra setting on the player screen, similar to the agreed playing time menu whereby you can select the role in the team that you intend to use the player for - then the person in charge of training will use that as a steer to decide what individual training to apply to that player.

Just a thought. 

For suggestions for new features, you should post it in the feature suggestion forum, found here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/353-football-manager-pcmac/

As you say, I tend to avoid any potential issues with how my players are trained by taking control of all of that myself.