Changing goalkeeper's kit colour

akpe

Hello fellow managers!

Does anyone know if there is any way to edit/select the color of your goalkeeper's kit?

I'm talking about the 3d view as well as the color it has on the tactics screen (it's the same).

I've noticed that it's not completely random, and probably has to do with the color of your team's kits.

For example, with red/white team shirts the goalkeeper's kit is gray, with yellow/black team shirts it's green etc.

Now, is there a way to select a color independently of the color of the kits?

I'm not talking about design as well, though it would be nice, just a plain all-yellow or all-black kit will do!

Thank you in advance :)

Edit: I've played around with the resource archiver, and found out that the pictures/goalkeepers folder is empty...

Not sure if that's the correct place to look.

Hmm while looking through the archiver, would it be possible to "bind" specific colored kits (i.e. by creating a copy and editing a .png file from graphics\pictures\kits\2D\outfield\front\default) using an xml file?

I tried using the following code inside an .xml, without editing any .png files, just to see if the goalkeeper's kit style (not colour) can be changed:

<record from="3" to="graphics/pictures/club/[i]<club id or name>[/i]/kits/back/goalkeeper/[i]<home or away or third>[/i]" />

However, I did not manage to make the different styles show during a 3D match.

Anyone knows if I'm doing something (possibly everything) wrong, or if it simply does not work this way? :rolleyes:

I don't think it is possible - if you look at the config files for the back shirts (that appear on the tactics screen) they reference 'outfield' and 'goalkeeper', however the config files for the normal kits (2d and 3d kits that appear in match or on the club info screen) make no mention of 'outfield' so I won't expect the 'goalkeeper' command to be recognized. The Keeper colour is more than likely hard coded from the beginning or depended upon the outfield kit colours.

It would be nice if the Keeper and refs kits were customizable :(

Though you may be able to change the Keeper kit on the tactics screen per team with this code:

<record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home"/>

where 33 - name of the graphic

none - unique ID for the club.

(I don't think this worked in fm08, but it may work in fm09).

You could also try adding 'goalkeeper' into various parts of the line in the config file to see if anything works.

I don't think it is possible - if you look at the config files for the back shirts (that appear on the tactics screen) they reference 'outfield' and 'goalkeeper', however the config files for the normal kits (2d and 3d kits that appear in match or on the club info screen) make no mention of 'outfield' so I won't expect the 'goalkeeper' command to be recognized. The Keeper colour is more than likely hard coded from the beginning or depended upon the outfield kit colours.

It would be nice if the Keeper and refs kits were customizable :(

Though you may be able to change the Keeper kit on the tactics screen per team with this code:

<record from="33" to="graphics/pictures/club/none/kits/back/goalkeeper/home"/>

where 33 - name of the graphic

none - unique ID for the club.

(I don't think this worked in fm08, but it may work in fm09).

You could also try adding 'goalkeeper' into various parts of the line in the config file to see if anything works.

thanx for the explanation...

do u think we might be able to edit the shorts and socks (outfield) colors? or u think its hardcoded to and we will need SI to make it in a new editor version?

You should be able to change the shorts and socks colours, by creating a kit texture for your team (like the licensed kits), however the colour wont be reflected by the commentry/dot colours, and possibly won't change with clashes indpendently of the shirt, for actual editing like kits in the editor you'd be best of asking in the editors forum if possible and if not when likely.

Archived