Playing a game online

Is it possible to play your mate/family member online?

I'm currently playing a career over the network with absolutely no problem at all, I was just wondering whether or not you can extend the same network game to the internet. If you can, how?

Mods: Move this thread where appropriate. I wasn't quite sure where to pose this particular question.

Not necessarily, you can play a career via a network cable connection.

I think you're just being pedantic, mate.

Ah i see. (And no I didnt mean to sound like I was trying to mock you in anyway)

And, yea It is possible, as long as there is a tick in the box "Run as server" I'm sure others can join it over the internet.

Ah i see. (And no I didnt mean to sound like I was trying to mock you in anyway)

And, yea It is possible, as long as there is a tick in the box "Run as server" I'm sure others can join it over the internet.

Ahhh, ok then. It just sounded like that. My apologies.

I thought that, too. I've been trying for the last few days but for some reason I've hit a wall.

Ahhh, ok then. It just sounded like that. My apologies.

I thought that, too. I've been trying for the last few days but for some reason I've hit a wall.

If you trying to mix lan and internet playing that would mean using a router which you must already be using. Problem there is that the router is FM online bane for alot of people. Firstly if i was you i would make sure you can just connect to 1 person in an online game with you as the host.

If you on a router it wont work at first, you need to open some ports, ask for help on the online section but the mods over there aren't that helpful so i dont know how successful you will be.

download hamachi mate. its free. thats how i play my games. if your struggling PM me.

Thanks for that, mate. Someone else had already recommended hamachi but I wasn't sure that it was 100% free 100% of the time.

So, the ultimate question; is it completely free? If so, I'm downloading it.

Thanks, CantTouchThis. :)

Archived