Issue with Cap Management - NHL Preseason

There is an issue with the cap space management in the game. When in training camp, the roster is not calculated as cap compliant (there are tryout players and AHL players on the NHL roster). This happens during exhibition games when the cap is not relevant. The only option is to trade or waive players who belong on the roster and which would be cap compliant once training camp ends and the roster is back to normal. 

• 6 months later...

Yes. This is a big issue for me too. After and during every training camp. The game calculates the full salary of the 23 biggest salaries on your team. I just finished a pre-season where I had to trade a big salary away, just because I was "over" the cap by 55,000$. I would have been cap compliant once the season started and the game accounted for two-way salaries. It didn't matter if I demoted players with big salaries or waived them.  Couldn't continue to play a pre-season game.

Another small issue is why the game doesn't like you to have more than two or three goalies on your roster during the off-season exhibitions. It always says that continuing might result in player transactions and always one of my waiver exempt goalies ends up in the AHL. 

Also what I notice is that AI teams don't really have to be cap compliant. A few seasons in and a few teams have been over the cap for awhile now. All they do is put some big contract guys on the block. No moves or trades have been made. Every few days the same players are just put on block. Yet they are allowed to play their regular season games just fine. No need to waive guys or anything.

And Riz. If you ever have the time to do an update, could you please fix the prospect generating. A few years in and the prospect pools seem to be very slim. Even the top end talent is very poor. Players are way too one dimensional. They are either very defensive or very offensive... That's not NHL quality. You need to be excellent in the other end and at least capable in the other. Especially the goalie generation is awful. There is not a single good goalie... ever...in any draft. What I have noticed in young goalies in the game is that there never is a good combination of rebound  control and recovery. Every goalie has one or the other in the reds... And to my knowledge those are very important attributes for a goalie in the game. And they don't even develop. 

• 8 months later...

I've noticed this as well.  Can't get past pre-season games because the game is using the formula for off-season salary cap (your 23 highest paid players).  And to make matters worse, it doesn't apply the same rules to the AI teams.  Extremely frustrating.  

Also noticed that it keeps sending my 3rd and 4th string goalies down, but at least this is just a minor issue.