Brian Laudrup - Back Where It All Began

steff91

BRIAN LAUDRUP - BACK WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

Hello there and welcome to my thread based on the career of a International Legend Brian Laudrup.

Ive decided to do one final career thread on the back of Brian Laudrup who was a fantastic player in his day,plying his trade at some of Europe's elite,but having never managed now he gets his chance.I have outlined a bit of history on Laudrup in the off-chance that ou dont know much about him.(Source from Wikipedia).

(born 22 February 1969)  he is a retired Danish Footballer who currently works as a football commentator,pundit and analyst on TV3+. Along with former international goalkeeper Lars Hogh Laudrup manages a football academy for marginalized youth.

During his short playing career which eventually stalled due to injury, Laudrup represented a number of European clubs. He started with Danish club Brondby, winning two Danish Championships in the late 1980s. He then played for German and Italian clubs, winning the 1994 Serie A as well as the 1994 UEFA Champions League title with AC Milan. He was a vital part of the Rangers team which dominated the Scottish Premier Division in the 1990s, winning three championships among others. He won the 1998 UEFA Super Cup in his brief stint with English club Chelsea, and had a brief stint with FC Copenhagen in Denmark, before ending his career with Dutch club Ajax in 2000. He played 82 games and scored 21 goals for the Denmark, and was a vital part of the Denmark teams who won Euro 92 and Confederations Cup in 95.

He won the Danish Footballer of the year award a record four times. He was named by FIFA as the fifth best player in the world in 1992 and was named by Pele as one of the top 125 greatest living footballers at the FIFA 100 ceremony in March 2004, alongside his older brother Michael Laudrup.

Quotes about Laudrup

Franz Beckenbauer "Brian was the most expensive player in the Bundesliga as Bayern Munich bought him. Was he worth the money? "Absolutely. He deserved his salary. Like his brother, Michael, he was a world class player and he really helped the club while he was here. It was a fine time with Brian and Effenberg for the spectators, although it Maybe not the most fertile period in profit terms. We won the no titles.

Graeme Le Saux, December 2013 was asked. Which player was your toughest opponent and why? "This is a question that made me realise the level I managed to achieve in the sport. So many world class players (a phrase I don’t use lightly) and I competed against them. Zidane, Figo, Raul, Henry, Bergkamp, Hagi, Stoichkov, both Ronaldos, Maldini to name but a few. My toughest opponent would be between Figo for Portugal and Brian Laudrup for Denmark.

Walter Smith “Brian Laudrup is as good a player as I have ever worked with, but he frustrated me. He had the capability of being up there with the greatest players of all time. There was just that little bit in him mentally that stopped him from being right at the very top. Make no mistake, he was a fantastic player for us, but he could have elevated himself into a position where he was one of the best in the world.

Charlie Nicholas "I know Celtic supporters are fed up with the mention of Brian Laudrup's name but I can't get enough of him. He might be Rangers' property, but Laudrup looks like my idea of a Celtic player.

Ally McCoist on Rangers tactics on Laudrups arrival, 1997 "Our instructions were simple. Get Brian the ball then get out of his road when he got it.

Andy Goram on Laudrup, 1997 "When he first came to the club I don't even think the management knew how good a player we'd got.

John Greig on Laudrups unselfishness "Apart from applying the ammunition, Laudrup was also capable of scoring his share of goals, but I genuinely believe that he was embarrassed about scoring. He seemed to derive much more pleasure from making goals.

Paul Gascoigne "Brian Laudrup was an amazing player. In training even if you knew exactly what Brian was about to do, you still couldn't stop him. I remember Stuart McCall trying to get the ball off him eight or nine times and he couldn't get near him, when all Brian was doing was the same trick each time.

He has never managed,until now that is!!!

brondby badge.png

Brondby

Brian started his senior career with Brøndby IF in Denmark. At Brøndby he competed with later Danish internationals Claus Nielsen and Bent Christensen for a place in the starting line-up, and formed a great partnership with Claus Nielsen.He won the 1987 and 1988 Danish First Division with the club. Halfway through the 1989 season, Laudrup's contract with Brøndby expired, and he agreed to join German club Bayer Uerdingen. The transfer fee was thought to be around DKK 8 million, the partition of which Brøndby and Brian's father and agent Finn Laudrup disagreed about.The Danish Football Association ruled in favor of Brøndby's claims of around DKK 3.9 million, but the Laudrups paid around DKK 3.3 million, and insisted on not paying the remainder.The case was eventually settled in March 1990.

Now he has the opportunity to be manager of the team!!!

Manager Profile

Brian Laudrup_ My Profile Profile.png

Now lets get to work...

The first look of the squad,seems not too bad really.Its pretty evident that the defensive area of the squad needs a look at otherwise not too bad in all honesty.

Brøndbyernes Idrætsforening_ Squad Depth Overview.png

The amount of staff here is abhorrent and needs to be sorted as soon as possible,far too many staff for a club like this - this will be trimmed down.The lack of a scouting network is also a cause for concern,which also needs fixed pretty soon if we are to compete in this league.

Brøndbyernes Idrætsforening_ Overview All.png

July 2015 Update

Quite a busy month in july seen us take part in pre-season friendlies,Europa League,and the International friendly tournament,which in the end was played in the final against Spurs as we had a game soon after against Aberdeen which took priority obviously.In the end we were put out in the 2nd qualifying stage against Aberdeen.a decent start in the SuperLiga sees us move upto 3rd.Five games this month solely in the league campaign so hopefully we can press on here...

Brøndbyernes Idrætsforening_  Senior Fixtures.png

Alka Superligaen_ Overview Stages.png

Not much happened in the transfer side of things as there is a lack of funds and it seemed really on needing shoring up at the back,the experienced Lucio came in and Sisi the verstile player who can player anywhere across the midfield on a free after impressing on trial.Also an affiliate was formed with Monaco which seen us take some of there highly rated youngsters on board.A few were also released as they were nowhere near the standard needed.

Archived