[FMT 16] Manchester City - No Pep?

xepicx2729

I am going to be managing Manchester City, my favorite club. Should definitely test my knowledge as I am relatively new to Football Manager, and I am American. Constructive criticism is very welcomed! I would also like your input on every decision made. Thanks for reading!

President Khaldoon Al Mubarak has layed out our goals. They are: Win the English Premier Division, Win the FA Cup, Capital One Cup does not matter, and Reach the Quarter Final of the Champions Cup.

When I assess the roster, I will go over all starters, most backups, and star youngsters.

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart: Joe Hart is the clear #1 on this team. He is a current international for England, and rated as a quality player. He has very strong goalkeeping attributes such as Communication (16), Handling (18), One on Ones (19), and Reflexes (19). Will not sell.

Willy Caballero: Caballero is a good player, but not the goalkeeper I want backing up Joe Hart. He does have some strong goalkeeping abilities, but he is soon to be 34 and is quite short for someone of his position (6'1). Will sell.

Central Defenders:

Vincent Kompany: Kompany is the captain of the City squad. He has been here since the 08/09 season, and has made a huge impact. He is a key player to the team. He is one of the best in the game. He can head the ball and tackle with great efficiency (18). His bravery is almost unmatched (18). He is the cornerstone of the defense and will not be sold unless a lucrative offer is made.

Nicolás Otamendi: Otamendi was a recent signing of City, for a hefty price of £32M. He came over from Spanish side Valencia, a strong team themselves. He too is a key player for the team, as he is almost as good as Kompany. They are both similar players, in that they have unmatched bravery and heading. He is also the stand-in captain. Untouchable.

Eliaquim Mangala: The former FC Porto player has definitely not lived up to his £42M tag. He will be used as a rotation piece, backing up Kompany and Otamendi. He is a very strong player (19), but his mental attributes can be found lacking for a starting premier league centerback. Will have to show a lot to crack the first team. Could be bought for the right price.

Martín Demichelis: A veteran (34) in the defense, he will not stick around. We will sell him for whatever offered. He does not possess the pace to be a useful centerback in my tactics. We wish him the best.

Jason Denayer: The only hot prospect centerback, he will be on loan to Galatasaray for the season. He is a player who still needs time to develop before being able to crack our roster. Untouchable.

Full/Wing Backs:

Bacary Sagna: A quality player in a rotation role for us, he should get lots of playing time with Zabaleta injured. He is a current international, and his consistency is what makes him such a great backup. Can be bought.

Gaël Clichy: Clichy is a solid player, but will not get tons of playing time this year. His pace is special, and he is a hard worker. He has played for France before, but does not currently play for them. Most likely will be sold.

Pablo Zabaleta: Another key player, the oft-injured right back is a complete role model for our younger players. He is a current international and an exceptional teammate. His work rate is something to be proud of. Will not be sold.

Aleksander Kolarov: A good player, but not good enough to be a full time starter on the squad. He is an international player for Serbia. His crossing ability is dangerous, as are his long shots. He is a good player, but more in a rotation role than a first team one. May be sold.

Chidiebere Nwakali: A Nigerian youngster, he could develop into a Bacary Sagna type player, just better. He is the future first team right back. He needs refining in many categories, but if he pans out, he could be a great player. Will not be sold.

Midfielders:

Fernando: Fernando was a good sign, but there is no room for him with my tactics. He will be sold, but for what price? He is solid, but not solid enough to beat out Touré and Fernandinho.

Fernandinho: A quality player, Fernandinho will not start like his contract suggests. He will make spot starts at both MC and AMR. He is a very professional individual, and a good team player. His consistency and versatility are the reasons he was kept over the younger Fernando. Will not be sold.

Yaya Touré: Touré is a key player at Manchester City, and there wasn't a chance he would be sold. He is a very well rounded player, and he is a presence in the locker room. He is the vice-captain of the squad. Untouchable.

Fabian Delph: Delph just recently arrived at The Etihad from Aston Villa for a fee of £8M. He is a good team player and has played for England. His versatility and youth have kept him from being sold. Can be bought.

Bruno Zuculini: Zuculini will be sold when he returns from loan. Yes, he will be good enough for the BPL one day, but not for us.

Patrick Roberts: Roberts is a good player at 18, but leaves a lot to be desired. Too soon to tell if he will get a spot on the roster.

Olivier Ntcham: A surprising pick here, but a solid player nonetheless. He could become the next right winger for us in the future. He possesses great speed, which is key for my squad. He can play MC but he is nowhere near good enough on the defensive side of the ball to play there. Untouchable.

Aleix García: He is in a similar situation as Roberts, although he seems to be more well-rounded. He is fairly athletic, which is always a benefit.

Attacking Midfielders:

Samir Nasri: The Frenchman is quality. His injury struggles are his only downside. He has a class first touch (17) and his dribbling is quite quality as well (16). He is untouchable.

Kevin De Bruyne: The former Wolfsburg player will be a key player on the squad. His mix of crossing, finishing, passing, and flair makes him a dangerous force, no matter where he is on the pitch. His technique is quality. Untouchable.

David Silva: An absolute assist machine, Silva is a key player. His 19 passing and 19 vision make him a deadly passer, with the ability to split defenders and wreak havoc. He does have some injury concerns, but I am confident he will overcome them. Untouchable.

Jesús Navas: Navas will be sold. Period. He is good, but overvalued on the market due to his pace. He will also open up opportunities for Sterling and youngsters.

Brandon Barker: Barker is a quality youngster. At 18 he is on the senior squad. He is well-refined. and can still grow immensely. He may go on loan.

Raheem Sterling: The highest fee paid for an English player was on Sterling. He has a hefty price to fill. He has great potential to become a world class player. He is a first team player here, and that is underlined by his personality and his ability. Untouchable.

Strikers:

Sergio Agüero: He has injury issues. He is world class. How do we prevent him from getting injured? Rest. He may be a key player but a full season of work both club and international puts lots of stress on his legs. Look for Bony to make lots of starts for a backup. Untouchable.

Kelechi Iheanacho: Potential replacement for Agüero when he is aging and no longer world class. Iheanacho has work to do at getting better, but he could become a great force. He possesses good speed at such a young age. Untouchable.

Wilfried Bony: If I'm being completely honest, I don't like Bony, but we have to keep him. He is a good backup for an injury prone player. He has a deadly finish (16) and tons of muscle (18), but he is not very strong (no pun intended) in any other category. Could be sold.

Archived