Unusually low transfers in custom league

Bittah Dreamer

Hi

I have just downloaded the FIFA World League database created by Chucklechuck. I wanted to test it for stability so I let it holiday overnight to see how things played out.

It ran to the end of the 2022 without issue, so seems stable enough. However one issue I noticed is that the transfer activity is unusually low and low value.

Outside of the top tier l, most teams seem to have only gotten in free transfers or loans for the most part, with any transfers being for low value amounts (rarely more than £1m).

Any idea what the issue might be and how I could rectify it?

The league is based in Andorra but with each time being based in their home country still. Outside the top tier, teams are adequately financed but perhaps aren't flush.

Would pumping money into the system free things up?

The other issue I considered is that since all teams are considered Andorran, their transfer values are determined by the ranges set for Andorran (which are now akin to EPL values). This means some players have an artificially high value (e.g. A player who was previously based in Norway with a national reputation of 160 will have the same value now as one previously based in the EPL, even though the player from Norway would be worth less than half of the EPL player of the default valuation rules were to apply).

Would lowering the transfer values set for Andorra change things?

I set up a test save this morning to see if this will cure it and left it to run while I'm in work. It doesn't seem to have the desired effect though, because by the end of August the most notable transfers was Chelsea stripping Everton of Stones, Barkey and Lukaku on the cheap, without Everton investing the proceeds on anybody.

Last possibility is that teams can only have 7 foreign players in the match day squad (with nationality determined by their original home country, and no EU rules). So Chelsea can only have 7 non-UK players, Barcelona can only have 7 non Spanish, and Bayern can only have 7 non-Germans etc.

Would this have any impact on transfer activity? I've noticed that there is a lot more players on the loan list at the start of the game - usually foreign players (including Bellerin, Zouma, Marquinhos and Lucas from PSG). Or is this something else?

I realise it will be hard to diagnose the issue without seeing the database and game in action, but if anything jumps out at you let me know. Have been very excited about this DB but without a functioning transfer market it will be hard to really get into it.

(Btw editing for personal use only, and full respect for the original creator of the DB. Just trying to build on his great work to iron it a kink).

Archived