FM16: Pen-y-Bont, where the hell is Pen-y-Bont?

mack4ever

zepnpAs.png

Pen-y-Bont

So far on FM16 I've not really got into it, I've had plenty of saves but I've always bounced off them pretty quickly, so I've decided to go back to something I've done in the past and always enjoyed, trying to make Wales into a world class footballing nation. My choice of team was pretty simple, holiday for the first season and pick the worst of the two newly promoted teams, and so here I am in the arse end of nowhere managing Pen-y-Bont. Starting as per usual with Sunday League experience and only a C grade coaching badge, this could be a rather long journey to the top.

L1taW7v.png

fgJedNp.png?1

Pen-y-Bont has only existed in its current form for a few years, forming in 2013 when Bryntirion Athletic and Bridgend Town were merged, however even prior to this they are not a club with a long history of success. Perpetual mid-table finishers in the First Division they don't have a single meaningful trophy to call their own.

Pen-y-Bont Report

Club Overview

YQzFJMM.png

MM1Z5ma.png

7paIPmN.png

So terrible facilities but at least the club does have a few quid in the bank and plenty of space in the wage budget so hopefully I can make some decent improvements to the team before the season kicks off.

Current Squad

oq152dj.png

Worryingly short on both quantity and quality, I suspect there will need to be a near complete overhaul if we're to stand a chance of easily steering clear of relegation.

Best Players

xiNDJ5w.png

k2DUagr.png

WtHvln6.png

From a very bare squad these three are probably the brightest sparks. Walters has a little bit of pace about him and does at least seem to know which direction he's meant to kick the ball in, Curtis isn't the worst keeper I've ever seen and Latham should be energetic enough to do a lot of running in midfield even if that's about all we can get from him.

Archived