Is it just me?

I have witnessed this phenomenon too. Sometimes teams switch into Barca mode and it's not even important how good their players attributes are they just come at you with lighting speed one touch footy their way around your players. This usually happens to me when opposition teams are a few goals and switch to a more attacking approach.

The thing is though I believe this to be a snippet of their play where everything fits together because their overall passing usually doesn't get very high so it's not like they can sustain such play over an entire game we just happen to see those scenes where everything for them falls into place with their approach and they create a chance, of course most of their passes will make it to their teammate. Another factor that I think speaks for this is when you look at the overall possession stats of teams those teams that just played around you in circles usually aren't the ones with the highest passing success rate or possession, so like I said I think what you are witnessing is a snippet of a game where everything happens to fall into place for your opponent.

Archived