A Scotsman In Portugal-Vitoria Guimaraes(FM16)

steff91

A Scotsman In Portugal-Vitoria Guimaraes(FM16)

cF8A6yN.png

Vitória Guimarães

Welcome to my Vitoria Guimaraes Career thread,why Portugal you ask? Well ive never managed in Portugal at all in my experiences of FM and thought now is the time to break the domination of FC Porto/Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.

I have loaded only the 3 Portugese Leagues and players from Southern Europe,giving me a total of 46k players.Here goes!!!!

Vitória Sport Clube, commonly known as Vitória de Guimarães, is a football club based in Guimarães, Portugal.

As a top contender to the title of fourth best supported club in Portugal, it has tried to end the favoritism of the so-called "Big Three" (Benfica, Porto and Sporting CP), maintaining good positions in the Primeira Liga, where it has finished third on four occasions, the last one in 2007–08 season.

As a rule in recent years, Vitória de Guimarães has been battling for European places, trying to place 5th or above in the league. In its history, they have won one Portuguese Cup and one Super Cup. Its main rivals are SC Braga, of the neighbouring city, with whom the club disputes the "Derby of Minho". Vitória's crest, nickname, and stadium honour Afonso Henriques, first King of Portugal and possibly a Guimarães native.

Support and rivalry.

Vitória play the derby of Minho Province against neighbours Sporting Clube de Braga. This derby is considered one of Portugal's most intense matches, as both clubs battle each year to reach a European competition. The derby also intensified during the run-up to the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament hosted by Portugal, as both clubs had new stadia built as tournament venues.

The biggest supporter group is the White Angels, who go by the motto Somos únicos (We are unique). A self-confessed Vitória fan is Fernando Meira, who played at the club. Meira, as the captain of VfB Stuttgart, raised 2007 Bundesliga trophy wearing a Vitória scarf.

(Some relevant information from Wikipedia i must add).

Stadium

plMHGKz.jpg

The Estádio D. Afonso Henriques was expanded and refurbished for the UEFA Euro 2004 competition, and it seats 29,865 people. It held two group matches in the tournament, and has also been a venue on four occasions for the Portugal national football team.

Tactic

So im deciding on using a brand new "never been used" tactic that i have created personally for this new venture.A 5-3-2 setup with two attacking wing-backs penetrating each side with hopefully maximum damage

TnNSWIb.png?1

PRE SEASON/EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFIERS

So a good pre season against lower teams to gain the fitness levels upto scratch has seen us get some very good performances and results.Also a good performance over the two legs against Partizan Tirana,sees us into the Europa League Play-offs.

NbZSQ5P.png?1

Vitoria Guimaraes FC-Season Preview 2015/16

Just realised i forgot to add this to my career story apologies to anyone that is following...

Media expectation: 6th Placed finish (League size 18)

Board expectation: Top half finish in the Primera Liga.

Transfer budget (remaining): £0

Wage budget: £31,230 - Currently £1,549 Under agreed budget.

2Czk2pC.jpg

UEFA Europa League Playoff Leg1&2

Omonia Nicosia 5-3 Vitoria Guimaraes

Europa League Playoffs 1st Leg.

We knew this was going to be a tricky tie against the cypriots but found ourselves 3-1 at half time which left us a lot of work to do in the second half.Managed to score another 2 goals but also defensive frailities cost us another 2.Hard 2nd leg to follow.

Vitoria Guimaraes 2-1 Omonia Nicosia

Europa League Playoffs 2nd Leg.

It was all out attack for this one as we needed 3 clear goals without reply in order to go through,in the end we won 2-1 but it wasnt enough,goals from Valente and Dourado but ultimately it wasnt enough.Lets us concentrate on the domestic front too i guess.

August 2015

MHF7yeO.png?1

Not a bad start to the season,the league opener saw us play against Sporting Lisbon and the guys played brilliantly to gain a surprising 2-1 win which gave us a bit of momentum ahead of the next match in the league against Moreirense again a good solid 2-0 win here.The following match was a 1-1 draw against Academica which i feel we really should have won,got a goal in the 77th minute but really think we were lucky to nab a point from this one.Think fatigue caught up with the squad here after the Europa league Playoff dissapointment.

League Table

KETSRqE.png

September 2015

Dg1MTtH.png?1

The transfer window slammed shut and with not many deals being done by myself bar a couple of loans in and out there was a 14day break until the next match against Estoril and the lethargicness showed as we huffed away to a 1-1 draw against a team we shoud really be beating in all fairness.Valente getting the goal just before half time.

The live televised game against Maritimo we were very unlucky concedeing a 92nd goal from a bit of very sloppy defending resulting in a 3-2 defeat,Toze and the on loan Dourado geting on the scoresheet.

Next up was the Taca de Liga 2nd round match against Belenenses where we progressed with a 2-0 win to see us safely into the 3rd round,hopefully we can kick on in this competition.Valente and Toumane who has justified his recent criticism with some good performances of late securing the win.

The league match away to Belenenses we found ourselves 2-0 down at half time young loanee from Boca Juniors Betancur sent off at half time after a melee in the tunnel with officials left us with a lot of work to do.A good fightback saw us level it to 2-2 and then a late winner from sub Montoya 5 mins from time securing the win under very difficult circumstances.

League Table

Bjk7c0Z.png

Transfer Details

E5M0TOp.png

Not a lot to be report due to lack of finances,two loan players in Mammana from River plate on a season long loan,as well as midfelder Betancur from Boca Juniors.Outward saw a lot of the hot prospects out to feeder teams to gain first team action as well as a few contracts terminated to players not deemed good enough.

Archived