Developing a Dynasty: Bring in the Kids

denninbj

How to make the world rely on you for talent!

My goal for this save is to only use players that come through my own youth intake, 19u free agents or affiliated clubs going forward but have bought some youth so that i have actual talent to develop at this stage of the save. I decided to use Twente in the Eredivisie for this because they are in a good location and the Netherlands does not have strict rules for players born out of the nation/EU so I can truly focus on development without worrying about who i can or cannot start.

So to begin, I am on my second season as Twente, I won the league my first season and got to compete in the Champions league where i was ousted in the group stage without a single Win to my name. The reason I did not start this thread at my saves beginning is because I wanted to get a nice currency base before taking on something like this. And with the money I invested in around 10 young players my scouts liked that cost less than $250K each to be the foundation of the team. Some have yet to join but are expected to this summer, but what would a developmental thread be without actual talent to develop, right!

I will list them them all eventually along with the talents I have been able to get during my youth. But first I would like to explain my development style.

Developing players is my favorite part of the game. Every edition of the game i always focus on youth, most of which i like to either get in my own intakes or from my affiliates.

I begin by picking a tactic to build around and training my players to be effective in that position immediately. This year i decided to Use MR L's 4-2-3-1 Spin the Wheel Tactic and will focus on making players that can use this tactic. I also use other tactics but this will be my main tactic throughout the save.

hlIx4oc.jpg

So as soon as a player enters my team the first thing I do is determine what role/pos he will play for my team and rename him as such so that I do not forget what role I want him to master.

wI5GjsB.jpg

After that i then group the players by ages.

15-17 play in youth squad as to not stunt there growth. I may let a couple sub in during the season if they look pretty solid. I want to put my youth in a position to succeed so i take care to not over expose them.

18-19 I loan players out to either affiliates in the Jupiler or sometimes better teams if they are interested. Sometimes i have room for them or am forced to keep a player due to depth issues, which is fine because i can develop them the way I want and play them in the role I want.

I typically try and sign players until they are 22 so that I control them and keep them around until the last second to see if they can be a full time contributor.

At the start of each season i set up 3 lineups. Lineup 1, Lineup 2 and Best Lineup. I rotate between the 2 regular lineups during cup and regular season games. This means I have 2 players at every position so that I can mix in players i am trying to develop with my 1st team regulars.

When i play teams like Ajax or in the Champions league I play my "Best" lineup to ensure that i am able to get as much money as possible to put towards developing my team.

Join me as I begin my journey to win the Eredivise my way!

I play a possession based style and because of this i consider passing to be the most important attribute. I also consider work rate and dribbling to be important and like to have every member have a minimum of 10 in these categories regardless of position(except GK)

My best youth intakes from last season:

Bahadir Cimen

ngBmvh3.jpg

I have yet to decide what role he should play but he could be a CM or IF because of how young he still is

Benjamin Lambertz

teRgvy6.jpg

Its obvious that he will be a Central Defender but i am not sold on him ever becoming 1st team

Eric Knorn

y6BjI2B.jpg

I am excited about him and he also plays a role that i struggle to get often in a Fullback

Koen Elmali

http://i.imgur.com/yUfivxe.jpg

Will make a perfect Central Midfielder and i am very excited to see how he progresses

Marco Van Ooijen

D6PgC1V.jpg

Will be trained as a Winger and should get a good opportunity to succeed!

Max Smits

dyMegNF.jpg

I hope he progresses because having a left footed FB is hard to find!

I will do a season update every year for each player i find promising!

My cheap signings to start my team in the right direction!

Lorenzo Orellano

lm620yv.jpg

He will be trained to fill the leftside inside forward role.

Juan Carlos Palacios

qZtzhf1.jpg

Central Mid Role

Jordan Lotomba

oYxsltQ.jpg

Good for the Right Winger Role and has a couple appearances this season, i will decide if i loan him next year or not.

Heikki Makela

AWjmc8s.jpg

20 Determination, i had to bite after my scouts gave him a good review. Will be a DLF.

Franco Lopez

7Xh4o6G.jpg

A lefty that i will train at the Inside Forward Role

Emre Gurcuoglu

http://i.imgur.com/IhwJ2kv.jpg

Will be trained to be a Central Defender

Bart Bruyninckx

DcIcrvx.jpg

No idea how to pronounce his last name but another 20 Determination player I fell in love with

Andres Carrillo

ngK34tg.jpg

Looks to be developing really well and i have played him a few times this year so far.

Petar Pusic

AV5CqXO.jpg

I don't know what to do with him exactly but maybe will train him at the Central Mid Role, not sure he could be a first team shadow striker.

The remaining transfers for summer including my first find from an Affiliate.

Frederik De Jong from Heracles

zgIOdp9.jpg

Going to train him to be my potential Right Back

Andrew Kekec

aV8gzHT.jpg

All the rest of my transfers were Americans i had to wait until they turned 18. Left back but not super exciting

Bryan Velarde

pcJIWNX.jpg

Going to have to go after his dribbling immediately if he is going to ever feature in my lineup.

Carl Galvan

fPJLMBJ.jpg

Another defender my scouts liked when i initially signed

Christopher Olivares

8ooIGnp.jpg

The most exciting of the bunch, i think he may be able to start some games immediately for me

Dave Gonzalez

Ir7fFCC.jpg

In a position i am thin at but I wish he could be a shadow striker

These are the last players to come to my team not from an affiliate or my youth academy. I hope to resell some of them for big money!!!!

Archived