Conference To Premiership?

After two years of trying I finally completed Dafuges challenge this year with Gateshead. It took bloody ages and at one point I thought I'd never get out of League 1, but I eventually managed it. I didn't cheat as far as I'm concerned, I did have a parent club and I did use that to my advantage quite a lot, but at the time I had no idea that this wasn't legal in real life so at the time I was just using the tools given to me by the game.

Unfortunately it gets quite easy when you finally do hit the Premiership. It's very easy to make money, the top teams seem to buy poor players etc, etc. That being said my Gateshead game is the most enjoyable one I've ever undertaken, although I'm very much enjoying my current Solihull Moores game which is part of one of the challenges in the challenges forum. I'm hoping that the improvements in '09 will make long term games even more enjoyable.

And by the way, anyone who claims to have won back to back promotions or take a BSN team to the top of the prem in 10 seasons is without a doubt cheating in some way. I don't care what they say, they will have cheated in some way. 15-20 seasons I can believe, but anything less than that with no cheating at all is lies.

Archived