Stupid AI managers.

I know this has been said a few times, even a few times by me but the AI managers/squad building needs so much work is not even funny.

On my save I spent 5 years in Italy and after that time I decided for once I would move on, normally I just stay with one club but I really want to try and jump around a bit.

So I left my team and started to search for a new club.

I seen Everton and Southampton had both been relegated from the EPL, I thought any of them would be a nice change of pace from bringing a small club up through the leagues.

A team too good for that league and plenty of cash, both managers were under pressure having been relegated, I figured I would just follow them until one of the managers got the sack.

Anyway come December the Everton job was available, as I done pretty well in Italy I got the job.

Now Everton are in 16th place in the league, it's a bit of a false position as they have 4 games in hand against some of the sides, unaware to me they also won the FA Cup the year before and are in the Europa League.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I got them into the last play off spot and tbh I would have liked to have stayed in this league for another season so I could be ready for the EPL, we ended up winning the play off so it's off to the EPL we go.

Now I changed the team a lot, the players that were at the club were never going to be good enough to get out of this league, I sold some on but others I never got offers for, so I was stuck with those players.

My fault here was I never checked to see who the old manager had signed, I was just busy building my own squad.

So the end of the season comes and I have been given 16m for the following season, I will have to do well to strengthen the squad I thought.... no worst is to come.

The old manager had signed players that were not good enough and the add ons were totally insane, if Everton won promotion he, or indeed we had to make some hefty payouts.

A player that is only worth 2m and they seemingly paid that with an add on of 3.4m on promotion, another player, he's worth 1.5m, again we paid over that with an add on of 2.2m on promotion.

From my 16m transfer kitty, I have 2 million left because of all these add ons, dear me!

I brought in quite a few players and I always negotiated this right down, or indeed took this away from the deal.

The old manager basically spent his transfer budget for the season, also he spent the following years budget, I would imagine when the budgets were set that promotion was what was asked from the board, simply crazy!

Sorry for the long post but I just had to vent over this.

Archived