Greece Lightning [FM15] - The Arcadians

Twellman24

Banner%20shirts.png

In an effort to get out of the top leagues I usually play (Spain, England, MLS) I've gone out and gotten myself a team in a league I've never touched--Greece! The idea is to build the career of manager Marcos Senna, who many of you will remember as one of the best midfielders in recent La Liga historia, and key in Villarreal's success in the late 2000s as well as Spain's Eurocup win in 2008.

Armed with a new laptop, I can now finally play FM15, so here we go! Some info bout the club in question:

Asteras Tripoli FC - Greek Superlague

- This club from the small town of Tripoli has seen recent success in the past few years, but little else before then, and even now they still have no titles to their name. The best season of their history was two years ago, where the Arcadians achieved a third position in the Superleague and fell short in the Cup final against Olympiakos (3-1).

For the third season in a row they are playing in the Europa League after their 5th finish last season, so we have that going for us.

Club Info - Staff

- Marcos Senna's objectives are pretty clear. In order of priority:

1. Continue to qualify for European competitions.

2. We are the club with the least amount of Greek players (roughly 35% of the squad). We want this to be more on the 60-70% range.

3. Improve the popularity of the club overseas, via international friendlies (starting next year) and European competition runs.

4. Buy smart and don't over spend on aging players--we're not that kind of club.

5. Do as much as we can to be a close to Olympiakos and Panathinaikos as possible--or in other words, fight to be the third club in Greece.

2014/15 Pre-season

Transfers

- We browed around but the lack of funds made ut think twice before signing anyone. We actually landed Villarreal hot prospect Leiva on a loan, so we're pretty happy about that. Other than that, we're leaving things as they are and hoping it's enough.

The Squad 1 - 2

- We have really good players in some positions, like Rolle in the "10" spot, an amazing playmaker; Kosicky on goal, or Kourbelis in the midifield, a 20 year old Greek who I'm sure will be in the national team at some point.

Small%20Bar_1.png

14/15 Objectives:

- Get as far as possible in the Europa League, although not getting a "giant" if we make it to the pre-group stage playoff will make us or break us basically.

- Qualify for Europe

- Get to the quarterfinals of the Cup

- Start to work on plans to "Greekify" the team

Archived