This idea came when I noticed that for line matching, there are only (currently) 8 options (and for example 1v4, 2v1, 3v2, 4v3, is my line first?). 4 lines with 4 potential pairing options would equal 4^4 options which is 256. I obviously don't want a drop down menu with 256 options.

But, as I looked through more of the tactics options (very comprehensive so far, great work!) I was thinking, maybe eventually allow individual tactics for individual lines.

For example, I'm the Detroit Red wings, and much like the real team, I'd like to have my 4th line, or grinders, matchup with their second line, and also be aggressive and really put pressure on the other team by keeping the puck in their zone. and I want my other lines to serve a different function.

I totally get this isn't a small change and would require a non negligible amount of overhaul. Would just be something nice to have in future releases.

*EDIT*

Sorry, I spoke to soon. I see it now. Though it is odd that the first line is fine, second line has the second string goalie, and 3rd and 4th lines have no goalie. just weird to see.

Archived