Which Custom Made International Tournaments have you created?

simsy91

Hi guys,

I would be interested to hear from fellow editors what custom made international/continental tournaments people have made. I am hoping we can share and bounce ideas off one another.

I am managing in Dominica and for something extra for the national team I decided to make an international tournament only open to sovereign countries which are islands. There is a good spread of teams worldwide (58) and I have set up continental qualifiers- Australia and Japan qualify automatically to a 16 team final:

14cqqth.png

I am about a month from the start of the finals so will see how I get on! I have a landlocked countries cup in the pipeline too- 43 teams this time. It's just a bit of fun really but also quite interesting too find out, which is the best nation!

Would be great to hear what custom tournaments people have made on the game.

Great! I created custom Champion Leagues to be played in January (Simple elimination, 32 teams). This is used as a preview of the year, to see which teams are the strongest in each continent.

Then i created four world club championships (Premier, Gold, Silver and Bronze). The tournaments begin with 320 teams in a group stage (16 teams in each of the 20 groups. From March to May). From there, the first four teams of each group go to the Premier cup, the next 4 to the Golden cup, the next 4 to Silver and the last 4 to Bronze. Those competitions (Premier, Golden, Silver and Bronze) open with a group stage of 8 groups with 10 teams, the first 4 of each group goes to a 32 teams simple bracket. And finally, we have Premier, Golden, Silver and Bronze Winners playing the FIFA world club on december (This is more of a friendly tournament to end the year and to see if a super darkhorse can win against the Premier winner). Each of this competitions have 3 awards: Team (Premier Team of the year, Golden team of the year, etc), Young Team (The same as the first but with players under 22) and Player (Premier player, Golden player, etc.).

Lastly, i created a north hemisphere summer (June-July) qualy for world cup for each continent. These qualys are played on odd years and the World Cup on even years (This can be changed easily with the editor, but i like it this way, every year there is a strong international competition to watch).

That's it. Sorry about my english. Great thread.

Archived