[FM15] Malone Again, Naturally

tenthreeleader

Thank you for the kind words ... there is more, but at the moment I'm working on other projects so building reserve has been a bit difficult here.

___

For the time being, I’m biding my time.

My first enquiries with the authorities about Blake have fallen largely on deaf ears, and I can’t for the life of me understand why a child’s biological father, who is interested in the welfare of his child, can’t make more headway.

After Blake was removed from Holly’s home by the authorities, my desire to get him into my home was profound. But my desire to see everyone safe – including Holly – was equally so.

And my desire to pound lumps on Darin Wagner perhaps outstripped everything.

The man’s arrogance, his complete and utter disregard for even the most basic courtesies, had not gone unnoticed. I wondered how on earth he managed to make money in his profession – if the way he treated his customers was in any way equivalent to the way he treated his wife and son, it was a wonder he was still in business.

I want him behind bars. It’s just that simple.

In fact, it has been very difficult to focus in recent days, and even though most people might find that understandable, it’s annoying to me personally since I have a job that demands my total concentration when I’m performing it.

Yes, everyone goes through bad times and emotional difficulties are not unusual in this business, but since this particular difficulty was none of my doing despite it causing me a great deal of anguish, it’s enough to make me want to take it out of Wagner’s hide.

Kim has been very good about this though – in part because she understands what it’s like both to be abused and to help others through dealing with it.

The first two nights after I received that horrible picture from Holly on my phone, I didn’t sleep a wink. I suppose that was understandable, but after a time, we both knew that it wasn’t doing me any good physically or emotionally.

Kim then made a suggestion which would have been unthinkable even a few short weeks before.

“Bobby, call her,” she said. You need to get in touch with her and assure yourself that everything is really all right.”

“Kim?” I asked, trying not to sound incredulous. “Is that really you?”

“Yes, it’s me,” she said, trying not to sound impatient.

“What gives? You’re the one who said you were jealous of her for being married to me.”

She took one of my hands in both of hers and looked me in the eye. Her blues met my own and it was impossible for me to look away.

“Bobby, you know that I love you,” she said. “Sometimes I need to realize that there are other things and other people that are as important to you as I am. That isn’t to say Holly is as important to you as I am – and she’d better not be – but she was part of your life and she is the mother of your child. I think it would do you good and since I’m the one who loves you now, I want what’s best for you.”

I thought her words through.

“Well, if you insist, I guess I would feel better if I had the chance to hear from her that things are all right,” I said. “But really, Blake is the one I need to talk with the most.”

“I understand, and he’s next on the list,” Kim said. “Now pick up the phone.”

# # #

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived