Managing MLS Team and Salary Cap (Seattle Sounders)

Terrance

I'm with the Seattle Sounders in FM15. I'm into the second season (2015) and have had a lot of changes to the roster. I now basically have about 20 players and managed to get my team 1mil under the salary cap. I have gotten rid of most players and brought in many Mexicans and Brazilians. The rest of my team are regen intakes from my academy and drafted players. The only remaining players from the prior regime is Stefen Frei and Clint Dempsey. I'm winning over 80% of the games and about to win my second MLS cup.

My first And only obstacle so far is the players are more disgruntled than FM14. With 20 players, half of my squad feel like there is not enough depth and one player is disgruntled that Obafemi Martins and Osvaldo Alonso (long time player for the Sounders and team captain) signed with a European club during the summer transfer. To get money out of the deal, I sold both early to their future European team (with the "sell now" option). The mood has been slightly down for my squad even though we are winning games. I can't see why they are complaining in the first place since not everyone on the bench is getting enough playing time. In hindsight I should not have gotten rid of 2 important (but replaceable) players of my team in the middle of the season.

Im just wondering if anyone MLS managers are having similar issues or have any advice for future problems that was encountered in your save?

Archived