Director of Football

I have already found myself playing as a Director Of Football. Whilst on a long and satisfying career game I accepted a job at a club having spent a long and successful period with a lesser club, (I went from CSKA Moscow to Paris St Germain.) Made my summer signings, played the first couple of games but just couldn't get into it, so just went on holiday until January where I came back, made another load of signings and went back on holiday. Did that for a couple of seasons, had some minor success and got offered the AC Milan job. Accepted this and resumed the role of 'traditional' manager.

The game is as versatile as your imagination will let it be.

if it was ever introduced into the game i would have to say that the club would NEED to tell you while offering you a contract what the situation is. and make their 'promises' etc. and say what they will do and all that. if they dont live up to them its their fault blah blah. but you should be able to at least bargain with them and negotiate who deals with what and at what extent while considering a management contract (this would include at the start of the game disclaimer).

on another note, aside from the 'talks' you may have with the board about poilicies while you're at a club, id say it would be a decent compromise to maybe say its either you get rid of the director of football or you wont hire me, etc. like demanding your control of the club. depending how big you are, or how much they want you at least, they may say okay or, try to talk you round (possibly with the offer of buying a star on the top of your list of priorities)

Archived