[FM14] Celtic F.C: Traditions Restored.

Deego619

Nothing snazy, just a new Celtic career.

Watching Sky Sports 5 (my new favourite channel) the other night and a program was on about the European Cup winning team of 1967. So as a fun challenge until I eventually buy FM 15 (I hope I don't) I'll attempt to turn Celtic into a conveyor belt of Scottish talent. A sort of Ajax of Scotland if you will.

0d852293ae1543ec7a0a8cf78fb50fd8.png

By the end of my 5th season I intend to have an entirely Scottish squad. A right wing wet dream. Right now I'm just trying to keep things as British as possible, with a preference to Scottish talent. Which means I'll consider all bids for non-british talent from the get go.

2013/2014

1bd3b5232de8876a1ef6e4839bc4677b.png

83c4b740760d0863c97eefd906d77519.png

196409f5adc377c6d56a804c2bfe20ab.png

c1dd637caf7cd0a6e6977dc19cc0e268.png

Pretty fantastic European run. Bayern were just a class apart for my young team really.

We started off the league campaign with a draw and a defeat (almost considered packing in FM, struggling in a Rangersless SPL), but we recovered and blitzed it. Could of broken 100 points if I didn't give the young 'uns a run out in the final games as we'd won it by March.

Transfer-wise a few surprises to some who have played an FM 14 Celtic save. I play a diamond midfield system so wingers (even youngsters) were shipped out. The Scott Brown fee was far too good to turn down.

We won the League Cup and were very disappointing knocked out on penos to St. Mirren in the Scottish Cup Semis. One I want to win next season for sure. Drawn and beat Rangers in the 5th Round though so it was a cup run to remember, speaking of the 'Gers they won League One at a canter. Hoping they gain consecutive promotions to give my side a challenge.

Among the star performers amongst my Young 'uns were 185k signing from Hearts Jason Holt. 230k Stevie May from Hamilton was a Scoring sensation, with 31 goals in his first SPL season. Staurt Carswell is developing nicely.

Celtic

Season    Position    Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14    1st LC Winners, SC Semis, ECC 1/4 Finals

Archived