EPL Challenge (The Ultimate Premier League Experience)

skylogo_default.gif

Mills backs King

Sunderland player Danny Mills was quoted from his post match speech as saying, "West Ham are in a difficult time right now, they've had to re-shape and re-form, and Danny King should be given another season to prove he can do it. I don't see how the fans can blame just the manager. The performances have been good from what I've heard and seen while I was injured and went to see my old team mates, and the team are playing good ball."

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WestBrom.jpg

Cup Run But No Cigar

West Brom still have a chance of European football next year, even if their not in the Premiership, but they'll have to overcome Chelsea first.

After their 4-1 win against Southend in the 3rd roud of the cup, West Brom welcomed Gillingham to the ground for the 4th round match. Ashton early on to continue his impressive start at the club but once again the defence didn't do their job. In the 1 attack Gillingham had, half way through the 2nd half, they scored.

The replay, away from home, was more of a battle than a match. It ended 0-0 and the deadlock could not be broken in Extra-Time either, so penalties decided the game. The new West Brom 'keeper, Stefan Andersson, saved 4 penalties, and we missed 1 meaning the final penalty score of 3-0 to West Brom, and a 5th round tie with Sheffield United.

To be honest, we all thought this game would be harder but it just...wasn't. Ashton and Ellington scored 1 a piece to give us a deserved

2-0 win.

Next round sees us travel to Stamford Bridge to face Billionaire side, Chelsea.

We Shall Not, We Shall Not Be Moved

Yes, this being the chant from the West Brom fans as nothing the manager does seems to work for the team.

West Brom picked up their first league win under Joe, beating fellow strugglers Aston Villa 3-0 away from home. Ashton scoring an impressive first half hattrick.

Then a cracking game against Wigan which saw us take a 2-0 lead within 5 minutes. But yet more terrible defending saw us lose 4-3. The defence can't defend, no matter what i do, they refuse.

Lost against Arsenal in the next game. Henry ran the show scoring a couple and Bergkamp added another before Ashton scored a consellation goal for the visitors. 3-1 Arsenal.

Must Win Games

In a 6 pointer against 2nd bottom side Blackburn, the team still didn't excel. Drawing 1-1 due to suspect defending as usual.

Next another struggler, Southampton. Terrible defending caused the manager and staff at West Brom to slip away half way through the game and partake in some strong beverages. Lost 2-0, but both were soft goals.

And the last one, Crystal Palace at home. Andy Johnsen scored because our defence decided to go for some strong beverages. Then a Palace player was sent off for bringing down Ashton just outside the area. We dominated from this point onwards, scoring one and coming close several times. But, Andy Johnsen scored late on from all of 40 yards to give Palace the win. 2-1.

Bryan Robson returns

No, not as manager, I'm still here. Unfortunately. Bryan Robson, sacked by Derby County, has accepted a wage cut and a job at his old club as Assistant Manager. Could this change the clubs fortunes?

And To Conclude...

We are doomed to the Championship.

Niall is a lucky Scouser man.

As is Ben, but he's not Scouse.

And I'll see ya down there soon yea Danny icon_wink.gif

skylogo_default.gif

Welcome to Sky Sports News, with me Di Stewart. Well we have a treat in store for you today, as were joined live in the studio by former Fulham manager and teen pin up Mark D'Ardenne.

Well before i start the interview can i just say how ripped and bronzed your looking<heart skips a beat;visibly swoons>

Well i try my best, i am french after all so somewhat meditteranean, i dont want to end up like a pasty beer bellied englishman after all/ or Irish icon_wink.gif

Anyway with changes afoot in the premier league and jobs opening up galore, a world class manager such as yourself is bound to be linked with the jobs

Well as i said when i left Fulham, im taking some time out of the game, to attempt to win the 4 man bobsleigh in the winter olympics, and right now im still busy, as for the future i will definitely be looking to get back into management, but possibly somewhere with a warmer climate! If i did return to england i told Mr Al Fayed, that he would have first refusal over me.

So no comment over the liverpool or brum jobs?

Well i feel it would be unprofessional to talk about another managers job, but as its Murphy im prepared to make an exception. I was offered the job as were alot of other canditates after my refusal im given to understand. I know for a fact they spoke to Williams as we blazed a few zoot's in the Kop during the chelsea game. Im given to understand that the WBA manager was offered the position, but he felt it was not a challenge, and thus was not interested. Murphy however was tempted by the large "bulge" in Rick parry's trousers, and took the full wad without a seconds hesitation icon_cool.gif

Are you suggesting that Murphy was not top of the list?

Whatever do you mean icon_razz.gif

Finally(off camera) "Will you have dinner with me?"

Sorry babe, im not stirring jonny Wilkinsons "porridge" icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Pagi:

the words pot black and kettle come to mind and the word hypocrite icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess you missed the point of that post icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Pagi:

the words pot black and kettle come to mind and the word hypocrite icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess you missed the point of that post icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup I agree w3ith Dunga, he will openly admit he's a sell out icon_wink.gif where as Niall has gotten more slippery than a slippery thing on a slippery floor in a slippery house with a slippery ..... you get the idea. icon_biggrin.gif

Wigan.jpg

Wibble Wobble

So we find ourselves sitting in 8th place on the same points as the supposedly bigger team Liverpool icon_razz.gif and a European spot is looking promising, although I still think we need a few more signings to give us the squad i'm eventually looking for but things are looking good so far.

I'm aiming for a top seven finish which would be an excellent season for us and which we should achieve as we're out of both cups so we would have no excuse for not achieving it.

Results

We started off with a comprehensive 4-0 victory over Matt's relegation looming Sunderland team with 4

different players all getting on the scoresheet and we followed that win up with an impressive 2-0 victory over Niall's Birmingham side with Roberts scoring both goals.

The next game saw us facing Marc's Bolton team at the Reebok and a nightmare first half left us with too much to do and despite a goal from Ingebretsen in the second half, it wasn't enough as we lost 2-1. We then showed great bouncebackability as we played a potentially tricky 3rd round FA Cup match away against Staines but we shouldn't have worried as we proceeded to give them a masterclass as we beat them 12-0 icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif including Bednar scoring four goals and five goals coming from Elliott.

The next match was at home at the JJB as we faced a struggling Leeds and despite creating numerous chances, we

lost 1-0 when a scramble in the penalty box ended up with Lokvence sticking the ball past Ochoa for a

unlikely win. We then faced Joe's struggling West Brom team who have recently found some form due to their major signing Ashton but despite being 2-0 down at one point, we came back to secure a 4-3 victory in a

very entertaining match with plenty of chances for both sides with both of our defences all over the place.

Next up, we played our 4th round FA Cup match against Newcastle at home but it turned out to be frustrating game as we struggled to break down Newcastle's solid formation leading to us being put out of the FA Cup as we lost 2-1, which was then followed by a 2-0 loss to Man City as we continued our not so good away form in the league.

We then came up against the Irish Judas and his Liverpool team at the JJB and a terrific team performance, especially defensively saw us win the game 1-0, thanks to a Bednar goal. We followed it up with another great team performance against Dave's Charlton side winning 1-0 thanks to another Bednar goal.

(Neither of these results were lucky as has been wrongly suggested by certain people icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif)

The last game was against Steve's Fulham side which ended up with us drawing 1-1 with Bednar scoring his third goal in three games to claim a point which wasn't too disappointing as we need to keep trying to pick up as many points away from home as we can with us looking to turn our disappointing away form round.

Transfers In

Didier Zokora - DC/DM St Etienne 5.5m

A classy centreback who can also play in defensive midfield, Zokora took a while to sign from his last club St Etienne but it was definitely worth it as he's really going to strengthen the centre of our defence.

Jermaine Jenas - AMRC Spurs 3m

Able to play several positions in midfield, Jenas will be a valuable signing and having played for England before, if he can produce the performances I know that he's capable of then he'll definitely be back in the squad.

Ian Harte - D/WBL Levante Free

With McMillan being sold, Harte will provide decent backup for first choice Baines in case of injuries and might play the odd game when Baines needs resting.

Transfers Out

Steve McMillan - D/WBL Sheff Wed 200k

McMillan had to go as his contract was up at the end of the season so 200k was a good price.

Jason Roberts and Ivan Hurtado are also leaving on Bosmans at the end of the season going to Man City and Derby respectively, along with several other players no longer required so will have their wages to play with in the summer.

The Wigan saga continues...at a later date...sometime in the future...maybe or maybe not...etc etc... icon_biggrin.gif

Sunderland.jpg

Sod's Law Proven

Our first game saw us go down to Birmingham without even getting a sniff 1-0, Kyle was disappointing but it was the whole dressing room that got the hairdryer treatment. The second game saw us completely outplay Bolton for 60 minutes and come away with nothing, they won 3-2 somehow.

Tainio was ruled out for up to 2 weeks as our offer for Marek Cech, a promising full back at Porto, was accepted. The youngster promptly turned down an offer of ten times his current wage. We finished off by defending very poorly and losing to Leeds 2-1.

Relegation is now looking very possible if we can't break this bad form, luckily Blackburn lost to our deadly rivals Newcastle and Palace to Murphy's Liverpool, so we're in 15th and safe for now.

Bolton.jpg

Inconsistency will cost us Europe.

Bolton manager Marc Debieux has called on the lack of consistency ruining there chances of joining the big boys in Europe.

A tough away game against Arsenal where we were whooped 4-1 with Tuncay running riot, then a home FA cup tie against my bogey team Southampton ending 1-1 after extra time and losing yet again in the dreaded penalty shoot out, the poor run of defeats continued against Blackburn losing 1-2 with Blackburn only having two shots on target both being pens the champ man love had certainly deserted Marc Debieux.

After three defeats on the trot Debtu dipped into the transfer market in a desperate attempt to change the clubs fortunes.

Xisco £1.7m

Exiting young Spanish striker, very quick and full of tricks, might have to beef up if he wants to succeed in the prem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> This nippy striker has giving me the option to go two up top in tight games I expect goals from the boy and im sure ill get them

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Danny £2.4m

Thankfully no relation to Mr King icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif witch is clear when you see him play as he is class.

Lots of skill and will put chances the way of our strikers once he adapts to English football he will win us games.

Ben Watson £1.9m

I’ve been tracking this lad for some time, he wont be here until the summer which is a shame because with he’s range of passing we will keep the ball much better in tough away games.

With the new signings on board Bolton were looking forward to revenge against Southampton, and they got it winning 4-2 and Xisco scoring on his debut, Palace next up and somehow left with a point 0-0 Bolton should have won this easy with the amount of chances created, Man u away and although we lost 4-3 the fighting spirit was back so no need for to much doom and gloom, 1-0 at home to Everton thanks to a diouf wonder goal got us back on track and confidence was high when we visited Stamford bridge, 1-0 Chelsea was tough as we hit the post twice.

Bolton 3 - 2 Sunderland

Davis Viduka (2)

Xisco (2)

Bolton were lucky in this one, a close first half saw Bolton take a 3-2 lead thanks to a Xisco double.

Then in the second half Bolton looked like they had already won the game giving the ball away cheaply and not tackling with the passion I demand, Sunderland launched attack after attack and were unlucky not to equalise but Bolton took the points maintaining Marc Debieuxs fantastic unbeaten record against EPL managers can he be beaten.

Finally Birmingham taught us a lesson winning 4-1 with the Bolton fans chanting

YOU ONLY WON COS NO MURPHY

WON COS NO MUUUUUUURPHY

COS HES DROWNING IN THE MERSY

icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

WestBrom.jpg

Time Is Running Out, The Manager Nearly Gets Sacked, And a Man With a Limp

Today, i can announce that Joe hurt his foot. It's better now.

Time really is running out for Joe now. 7 Games left and even if he wins them all it is unlikely that his team will stay up.

3 Matches on display here.

Firstly, Manchester United at Old Trafford. No-one expected West Brom to get anything fro this game and...they didn't...The task was made virtually impossible after 13 minutes when our strongest defender, Olof Mellberg, was sent off for being the last man and hacking down Rooney. Wonderful. United went on to win comfortably 2-0, although WBA had a couple of half-chances.

Joe announced his interest in the Blackburn job after the United game which put him in deep trouble. The fans wanted his head, and the board wern't too impressed either. A loss in the next game could seal Joe's fate.

But the team delivered in a performance showing thier dedication to the manager.

They ran out 6-3 winners over Everton which delighted everyone involved within the club and the fans. Geoff Horsfield bagged himself a hattrick, Ashton scored 2 immense goals, and Zoltan Gera came on in the 2nd half and added the 6th. Brilliant play which eased the pressure on the manager.

The next game was a loss, away to Chelsea, but Joe thinks he has sussed the Chelsea squad out and knows how to beat them in 3 days time when they meet in the FA Cup. Horsfield scored his 15th league goal of the season to put the Baggies in the lead but good goals from Essien and Owen and then an amazing long range effort from Lampard sealed a 3-1 win.

Can It Be Done?

So, WBA have hit their form. But the question is...Is it possible to keep the Baggies in the Premier League?

With only 7 matches left, it seems impossible, but Joe thinks he can do it. And he also thinks his team can overcome Chelsea in their FA Cup meeting and go on to win the prestigious trophy.

We want your views. Call 01981 80087355, Leave your name, gender, and if female, your Phone Number and marital status. I thank you. icon_wink.gif

When's Dave gonna do another report he hasn't done 1 for ages I wanna see the match report of our fa cup game icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif Feeling arite Pagi?! Getting on other people's back's for reports - and doing one yourself! My how you've grown!

Pagi's claiming the high ground because mines at the bottom of page 3 and his is the top of page 4 icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif. Pagi knows I was robbed by his diablo tactic in that match , so hes scared ill blow the whistle , thats why hes asking for the report, so he can be named and shamed and then its all over with. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif:p :P

Diablo tactic icon_smile.gif Are you being serious? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you gotta love it when a wind up comes together icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

look how bad blackburn are now icon_eek.gif

just proves what a great manager i am as they were top of the human managers last season when i was in charge finishing in 7th icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gogbog:

this is goat btw on one of my many accounts that I use to vote myself player of the year icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explains a lot icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gogbog:

this is goat btw on one of my many accounts that I use to vote myself player of the year icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explains a lot icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shhhhhhhh dont let my secret out icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

What Dale, I thought you were managing Real Madrid? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao, touche. However I still didint win theleague in the 1st season for some reason, but I will this time round....maybe icon_wink.gif

SDK

hey man, help me buy some old ch manager games like 2000/2001 and 2001/2002. i trully belive those are the real games and i couldn't find them anywere

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dadan79:

hey man, help me buy some old ch manager games like 2000/2001 and 2001/2002. i trully belive those are the real games and i couldn't find them anywere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

see above

Sunderland.jpg

Could it be... GOOD luck?

Well, it didn't seem like it at first, with Leao set to be out for my next two matches after injuring his foot in training, but we pressed on against West Brom and took a 1-1 draw in a fairly even game. Joe was relegated later but if his team had performed like that all the time he wouldn't have even seen the bottom 3. The derby against Newcastle was announced as a TV match, which players and fans alike are very happy about.

Next up was Charlton at The Stadium of Light, I switched to a winger heavy 4-4-2 and Viduka smacked a goal in in the opening minute. There were good spells of domination for both teams, but Stead wrapped the points up with a 75th minute strike. The game could have gone either way, and I felt like we'd robbed Charlton manager Dave Williams a bit, but after our run of luck I hardly care. 2-0.

Zuiverloon was ruled out for 1-2 weeks with a broken fingernail, well, apparently it was a sprained ankle but he seemed fine walking to the BMW garage to pick up a new car. Leao came back from injury but will remain on the bench for now as Davis is in excellent form and I promote competition for places.

We then were held to a draw by a lucky Manchester City, the 1-1 should've been a win, easily, and the fact that both Danny Mills and Teemu Tainio were ruled out with injuries for the Liverpool match was a slight concern. I was fairly sure by this point we were safe anyway, but nothing is sure in football.

We went into the Liverpool game on the back foot but from nowhere, Viduka launched an excellent shot into the back of Liverpool's net and rallied the team around. We pressed some more and Viduka was rewarded with his second of the evening from a wicked Tainio through-ball. Djibril Cisse had a goal ruled for offside which was a dubious call but I was certainly less upset about it than Murphy, and his misery was worsened when our pressing attack completed the 3-0 win, Viduka with his first hattrick at The Stadium of Light.

We sit in 12th place in the table with games against Newcastle, Fulham and Aston Villa remaining, and I now believe that we are back on track to finish 14th or above, which was my goal at the start of the season. I have identified some players who need shipping out in the summer and some key areas where new players are needed, so expect some transfer market action from Sunderland in the near future.

WestBrom.jpg

Relegated Then Hit Form

Yes, the sad news that West Brom have indeed been relegated to the Championship. But, after this news, and a brave performance against Birmingham, they have hit their form (at last).

The first game to tell you about is the FA Cup 6th Round against Chelsea. Joe Cole scored on 22 minutes to give Chelsea the lead which saw them to half-time. 2nd Half however was all West Brom, Surprisingly. Cech, in goal for Chelsea, played amazingly and made many solid saves. But he couldn't stop Ellington in the 70th minute...but it was deemed a foul on the defender and disallowed, much to Joe's disgust. And thats how the game stayed. Final score 1-0 althoough Joe has every right to feel hard done by.

Next was a home tie against Matt's Sunderland squad. Last meeting saw Sunderland hammer us 3-0 but now the team is different and can actually play football reasonably well. I say 'reasonably'...The match was largely dominated by West Brom despite them going 1-0 down. Ashton sealed a draw for us with a curling free kick from 20 yards. Matt has now revealed his hatred for Dean Ashton calling him a 'scummer'. He also thinks Julio Arca is a better player. Your 'avin a laugh! Final score 1-1. Matt believes his team dominated and this, along with his hatred of Ashton, poses the question...Which match was Matt watching? icon_wink.gif

The Bromwich travelled to The Brum next and put up one of the bravest performances your ever likely to see. Mellberg got himself stupidly sent off after 6 minutes annndd gave away a penalty. He was fined a weeks wages for this act of utter ****. They scored the resulting penalty but West brom instantly hit back. Then another goal for Brum but again, West Brom instantly replied through Ashton, 2-2. The game was so full of incident that explaining it all would take as long as Pagi's team talks so i shall summarise icon_wink.gif. The final score was 5-4 to Birmingham. Gera also got himself sent off in the second half so the brave West Brom team (well, what's left of it) played on, 2 men short. Ashton scored another hattrick, his 2nd for the club since joining from Norwich in January. An impressve display but due to bad luck and discipline, another loss. After this disappointing result the team was officially declared Relegated.

Form Time, Though Be It 6 Months Late

Marc's Bolton team payed us a visit next. Last meeting was a 4-3 win to Bolton and the game lived up to the last meeting, except this time, in West Brom's favour. We ran out 4-2 winners. Ashton and Horsfield (now affectionatly named 'Horse') scored 2 a piece to give the mighty Baggies their win. Horse also, deservedly, won Man Of The Match for his performance and is showing that even at his age, he can wack them in.

This win was especially special as it was the first time (so far icon_wink.gif) that Marc had lost to a fellow EPL manager. Joe said afterwards:

"I feel big"

The next, and last game to tell you about tonight, was against Leeds, away from home. Last time West Brom went 2 infront but drew 2-2. This time they surpassed themselves and posed the question "How did they get themselves relegated?"

4-0 The final score, Horse getting himself a hattrick, continuing his impressive streak, and Carter getting himself a goal which delighted the manager. Carter had been out for 3 months with....leg trouble....and had come on at half-time in this game as the manager began to slowly wield him back into competitive football. And he scored. Marvellous.

This is the first time Joe has won 2 games in a row. A landmark moment i'm sure you'll agree.

Now, despite being bottom of the table, West Brom still have 2 players in the Top 20 Goalscorers List.

3rdGeoff 'Horse' Horsfield 20

18thDeano Ashton 12

This is remarkable. Horse is getting on but is 3rd top goalscorer and is 1st in terms of EPL managers' teams.

Ashton only arrived in January, missing nearly half of the season, but has still scored 12 goals landing him in 18th place in the list.

If Horse survives the pre-season then this could be what the Championship has to deal with next season.

I pity thee Championship teams. icon_smile.gif

Archived