Finding a Dutch team to follow...

GreyedOutMan

So...with Sky having a lot of Eredivisie coverage this year, I'm planning to try to get into watching some Dutch football since it seems a more competitive league than La Liga which I watch occasionally but get very bored with. But I want to back an underdog. Not one of the big teams. The problem is, other than PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord (and a little bit of AZ Alkmaar), I know next to nothing about any Dutch teams.

Solution?

A journeyman game in the Netherlands. FMC because I want to play quickly this time.

I'm going to start unemployed and take a job with whoever will take me (there are only two leagues in FM14) with the aim of getting the job with a current Eredivisie side as soon as possible. That club will probably be the team I follow through the 2014-15 season.

I've never had a serious crack at the Dutch leagues (or indeed any top league other than England) so this should be fun.

Success will be getting a team from the Eredivisie (and getting to know them a bit) before FM15 comes out.

This is me and as you can see I currently have no team. That will change soon. I hope. I will post a screenshot of my first job appointment soon. I imagine I will spend at least 18 months with them if not 2-3 years.

Archived