[FM14] Ferry 'cross The World

Mooono

Ferry 'cross The World

merseyside_county_badge_n12255.gif

Merseyside County Flag - obviously

So, I woke up one morning and thought; "I want to manage a team completely different to my norm and in a foreign land." Deciding that my usual saves of Manchester United and other Premier League clubs was becoming somewhat dull and unsatisfying, I concluded I must do this now. Being a northern lad from Merseyside [sadly], I decided I should go and explore the world and see how well I could do. Thus the title being a pun [Harry Enfield anyone?].

And so here I am, awaiting to start my adventure on the path of a manager - rooting about in the lower leagues of foreign countries in the hope of improving my stature and one day gaining enough prominence in the world to manage Manchester United to the Treble. That will be my ultimate goal and hopefully by the end, I can retire young and rich. Doubtful but one can hope.

Casting out my large net, I decided upon these divisions;

qwyhk8.jpg

A vast range from the English Premier League to Peru's Premier.. League. I'm not sure if Peru has a premier league. But anyway, I set about unemployed and applied everywhere. I got a few interviews from places like China, South Korea, even Romania and Peru. But never in a million years did I think the only job I would be offered would be from...

To be continued...

scousers-2171886.jpg

Alright everyone, calm down, calm down!

Prayag%20United%20S.C.%20Indian%20Football%20Club.jpg

United SC Badge

2u8id0k.jpg

India. India, eh? To be precise, and quoting Wikipedia; "an Indian football Club from Kolkata in West Bengal, India." It's very much.. not what I expected. But never the less I was more than happy to get going. I have a team, I have a job [which pays handsomly at £550p-w] and it's time to get down to it. I had to look them up quick but what I did find was a team that was excellent. True title prospects. Able to battle it out and win trophies.

Then I realised I was looking at the wrong team and rather was looking at a team in Korea I had applied for. Frankly it's going to be a relegation battle with these guys but I do see this as a good opportunity. Perhaps I can finally find that one Indian player to make it in the Premier League and bring glory to this country of a billion people. Probably not and I'll leave when I have the chance, but fingers crossed eh?

A closer inspection yielded some more info about the club;

34eq6ax.jpg

I like the nickname, The Purple Brigade. And the kit is a lovely Praetorian Purple. But aside from that.. I'm not best pleased. We're fighting relegation with little hope of anything higher than maybe 10th. But I'm happy to try and do my best for this team that entrusted me with my first job. We share a staidum [salt Lake Stadium] which holds 10,000 so a good size considering the calibre of club. But lets look and see if we can find three of the best players for this team to show you.

2gsq0qb.jpg

No. Just the one. A great striker in Martins. But still, thats 10 crap players that will seriously need to be looked into for whether they warrant their minimum wages. And if I can get Martins to stay, then that will be a miracle. For this season, looks like we'll be funnelling the ball to him and hoping he can slam them home. To sum up United SC? We are 10 players from being classed as a football team.

Now all that is really to look forward to is a few friendlies and a few good buys - hopefully.

Archived