[FM 14] The State of UEFA - Another European football competition

The UEFA State (aka Gibraltar) v1.0

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pmbx55y2glj9kgk/The_UEFA_State_1-01.zip

Backgound : The UEFA acquires in 2013 the territory of Gibraltar in order to host their offices and set it as the capital of the european football.

New structure of competitions :

From 2013 on, there will be no more professional clubs competition in Europe other than the UEFA and Euro leagues/cups.

Leagues (pyramidal) :

1 UEFA Golden League (L1) - 16 teams

2 UEFA Silver Leagues (L2) - 32 teams

4 UEFA Bronze Leagues (L3) - 64 teams

8 Euro Pro One (E1) - 128 teams

16 Euro Pro Two (E2) - 256 teams

16 Euro Pro Three (E3) - 256 teams

16 Euro Access (EA) - 256 teams

In total, 63 leagues. Each league consists of 16 teams.

1008 teams participate to the new UEFA Clubs competitions.

Cups :

UEFA League Cup (C1) - with all 7 UEFA leagues (112 teams)

Euro League Cup (C2) - with all Euro Leagues (896 teams)

European Cups' Winner Cup - one match C1-C2 played in August of the next season

UEFA Charity Shield - one match C1-L1 played in August of the next season

All Cups finals are played in the newly named Platini Stadium (attendance 100'000).

1st year qualification : Down to E1, the teams are assigned to leagues according to their 2013 UEFA ranking. The lower divisions are setup by club's reputation. After the first season, there will be no more minimum per country, as all clubs are now considered as belonging to the UEFA State.

Rules and fixtures :

The season goes from beginning of August to end of May. Transfers in July and December (max 3 players). No mid-season break.

League games are played on weekends, cups from Tuesday to Thursday.

Leagues are regionalized down from league L3.

Each league consists of 16 teams with 4 relegation and 2-4 promotion positions.

32 players maximum are registered in A-team, max 7 foreigners (out of EU) and min 7 min homegrown.

I holidayed for 20 years without any crash or issue. This db looks stable and hopefully interesting to play :D

You may want to look at the excel file detailing the competitions structure.

What did not work (yet) :

It took me one month from scratch to build this database, with 0 knowledge at the start. I tried several other features that I could not implement. I still aim to have them in the competitions but will need more time / support to do it.

Play-offs

I turned it in different ways by looking at other databases, nothing worked.

I want to have 1-2 fixed promotions/relegation places + 2-4 by play-offs (depending on the league)

Example : L1 has 2 relegation + 2 relegation play-offs - L2 has 1 promotion + 3 play-offs per group (total : 2+3+3 = 8 in play-offs)

Loading time

Is very long (5-10 minutes) at the game first setup. Registration period can be long as well.

Squad registration

Forcing registration of UEFA and Euro cups. It works for the leagues, not for the cups.

Your feedback is more than welcome :)

Seb

• 2 weeks later...

This honestly looks remarkable. I've been looking all over for a World League to play, but this looks so much better than anything I've seen. I've just downloaded it and will be getting started tonight.

Edit: Would you recommend only selecting The UEFA State when starting a new game? Or should I do Argentina and Brazil (and maybe a few others) so that I get regens from all over the world? How do regens work, anyway? I don't think you covered it in the post or the excel sheet.

Yes, it works. Was wrong. Have played a season with Man city and it looks good so far!

Good to hear!

I want to start working on the version 2, so I would be very grateful to have some proposals on how to make this new competitions better wherever possible. For now, I have these ideas :

- implement play-offs (promotion/relegation)

- improve fixture dates

- 4 per group in the UEFA league cup, maybe 3rd place seeded into Euro cup

- ...?

This honestly looks remarkable. I've been looking all over for a World League to play, but this looks so much better than anything I've seen. I've just downloaded it and will be getting started tonight.

Edit: Would you recommend only selecting The UEFA State when starting a new game? Or should I do Argentina and Brazil (and maybe a few others) so that I get regens from all over the world? How do regens work, anyway? I don't think you covered it in the post or the excel sheet.

...hmmm to be honest, I dont really know how regens work. I can only tell that I see regens from all countries appearing in the game. Maybe an expert of this forum could give his view on this?

To start a first game, I would suggest to select as lowest division the Bronze league and choose a team in Silver or Bronze league to take the challenge of reaching the Golden league... then anything can happen :)

Good to hear!

I want to start working on the version 2, so I would be very grateful to have some proposals on how to make this new competitions better wherever possible. For now, I have these ideas :

- implement play-offs (promotion/relegation)

- improve fixture dates

- 4 per group in the UEFA league cup, maybe 3rd place seeded into Euro cup

- ...?

I played against Arsenal in the qualifications and went tho to that cup with 3 teams. I kind of don't know if i like that system or not. It's different and it kinda fun but the real Champions League format with 4 teams i fun too! U decide.

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing it and loving it but I don't think there are enough fixtures in the season. Playing a usual career in England you have Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League adding up to around 60 games, the most in this is about 40. I'd like to see a World Club Championship with winner of the league taking the usual champions league place and I think a straight knock out competition FA Cup style would also be good using teams from every division, so the small clubs would have a chance of playing a Real Madrid or Manchester United. At the moment there isn't much reward for finishing not first in the League, maybe play offs for the title or qualifying for a separate competition would be cool

Archived