[FM14] One Weegie vs the world

XXXtreme

Weegie

1. (n) A slang term for a person from Glasgow. Sometime used in a derogatory manner.

Background

Over the last few FM's my game plans have been scuppered either by hardware problems or me and the editor not getting along, hopefully that changes this time. As far I can remember I haven't got into a save since FM10 (I think)

Save type

Going for a journeyman save hopefully taking in all four corners of the world at some point. Also starting off low but at the same time within reason. Overall want to get into a save at last.

The setup

Running a fairly sizeable game coming in at 124k players on a custom DB. Should be able to handle it as I have a pretty powerful system but may trim out leagues if I need to/the games becomes unbearably slow.

I somewhat cheated as I'm starting out at a club that already had a manager but I feel it's a good place to start as it's very very low down and also perfectly within reason.

NEW-2011-TEAM-EMBLEM-UNDERCONSTRUCTION.jpg

Gharb Rangers

Gozo Football Association Division Two

Profile 1

Profile 2

Club overview

Facilties

History

Board expectations: Be competitive (across all competitions)

Wage Budget £828 p/w

Very interesting and unique starting point. Gharb Rangers are miles behind the other Gozitans clubs as they have all have several titles/cups to there name whilst all Gharb have is two 2nd place finishes in the 2nd and lowest flight of Gozitans football (which itself is part of the Maltese league system albeit largely separate and autonomous from it). The expectations from the board are extremely low and ultimately reflect the stature of the club I'm at, here's hoping I can change that.

For those interested I'm playing in Malta thanks to this file by BurnCM4X et al.

Further information on Maltese/Gozitan football can be found here, here and here

Archived