Weird actions during game

Hi,

I have noticed a couple of weird actions that take place very frequently during the game.

They both relate to when a player gets to the byline.

Almost every time a player gets to the byline in a good position to drive into the box or put a cross in the said player inexplicably tries to play it off the defender for a corner. I think its good addition that they try to do this but it generally only happens when a player is trapped on the byline with nowhere to go and so tries to play off defender for a corner. We are seeing players give up a good attacking chance in favor of a potential corner which is not realistic. Also the fact is that it only seems to come off about 5% of the time In the game like i say it is happening frequently once the player has already passed his opponent.

The second, this is something that has been noticeable for a few additions. Players are always trying to shoot from near impossible angles even when they have multiple team mates in and around the six yard box for a much higher percentage chance if the player where to just roll it across the six yard box.

Also when a team has a free kick deep in a good position close to the byline for a delivery into the box, occasions where your defenders go up too I am seeing almost all free kicks drilled in low along the ground. I set these free kicks to best header and still they are drilled in along the ground. It´s not something that would work in a real match and looks very awkward here.

I have also noticed that on some occasions when I follow my assistants advice by clicking "apply" on the feed that runs in top right hand corner, the said advice is not just applied for that one game but for all future games too. Ie LB is instructed to mark closely the right winger as he is playing very well. The left backs individual instructions for all future matches have him mark specific player closely which is something I only wanted for the duration of the game I suggested.

Finally even when you set your team instructions to work ball into box players witha tendency to take long shots are taking a very high amount of long shots in very difficult situations and most annoyingly on their wrong foot. There is no problem with players that have a tendency to shoot from distance trying so very frequently but in the game today I can only think of few players who are invariably very two footed, (Sneijder, Nani, Ronaldo) who try so many long shots with their wrong foot. Even someone like Lampard or Toni Kroos who have great long shots generally only take them on when they fall on their best foot.

Completely seperate from the match engine I am noticing a very high proportion of top players remaining as free agents for a very long time. In real life the agent of Victor Valdes, Manuel Fernandes and Darren Fletcher for example would not allow his player to get to Christmas and beyond without finding his player a club to make a living at. Even much less prestigious players inevitably find a club to play for by latest September/October.

Finally I think something needs to be done about the high amount of 15-16 year olds who are playing first team football and being called up for U-21 internationals. Maybe by decreasing these players attributes substantially but having them increase much faster through the first 5 years of their careers. I can think of not one 15 year old that has played for an international U21 team and very few 16-17 year olds. U21 teams should be punctauted with players with first team experience generally between ages of 19/20-22.

Thanks for delivering a great game and hopefully you appreciated some of my observations.

Archived