[FM14] Restructuring Premier League but keeping European Qualification

Hi all,

I've restructured the league before in FM but I want to do it properly this time and possibly release my restructure. Essentially I'm making a 'new' English league structure - however, I'd very much like to keep the European qualification places (for Champions League/Europa League etc...). Is this handled by the game itself via the coefficient scores for the leagues, or is there something to edit somewhere? Also, is it the same for cup competitions? I'll be fiddling with those too.

I understand that in FM14 you no longer have to 'move' your league to a new nation in order to edit the rules and you can edit leagues in their natural nation, but I wasn't sure how qualification for europe works.

Thanks in advance.

After some digging I've since noticed that when adding a cup to nation rules you can either add an 'other cup' or a 'FA cup which has european qualification'. Despite calling one option the FA Cup, once you've selected it you can then pick any competition you like. I'm therefore assuming that whatever competition you pick (created or existing, eg. Charity Shield) it results in a European place being awarded to the winner.

Archived