Norway

Poland

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

Serbia

Spain

Ukraine

All loaded to the lowest level possible with a small database.

My Career

*SORRY the screenshot of manager profile is a couple of seasons in*

ScreenShot2013-05-01at203144_zpsa276174a.png

ScreenShot2013-05-01at203156_zps1c878941.png

This career will be a journeyman career across Europe, starting with an unemployed manager and semi-professional footballer as my reputation.

At the moment I do not have any aims or goals to reach, other than possibly manage Celtic, that may change as I progress and you can make suggestions! Hopefully I can have a long successful career!

I will give a short update to where I am as I completed a few seasons to make sure I would play it!

So... I started as an unemployed, ex semi-professional footballer!

I went on holiday for a few weeks and then started applying for jobs, didn't want all the usual offers!

First up... Iceland

Fjolnir_zpse1494188.gif

After a few months on "gardening leave" from the semi-professional game, Fjolnir, a first division club in Iceland approached my services. Currently 11th out of 12th, in the relegation zone, with 5 games left. They offered a wage budget of £1600 per week and the objective of avoiding relegation.

After reviewing the league table and seing it was possible to avoid the drop, I accepted the job!

Fjolnir

ScreenShot2013-05-01at201644_zps570aef9c.png

ScreenShot2013-05-01at201634_zps30c10653.png

Fjolnir are a side who have never won a league title or cup, their best being 2nd place in the first division and cup runners up.

The squad they had was actually rather decent but the players needed to reach their potential. Hopefully that is something I can do!

End of Season

First game up was against Por! Near the top of the table, so I wold get to see how the team were.

We played well and gave me good views of the team, although we were defeated 2-1!

Second game up, against Haukar, also flying high in the league! Ended in defeat, this time though we were hammered 3-0 and I was left thinking the drop looked inevitable, although we only needed one game to get out!

After a week off, and some tinkering with the tactics, we were playing a team near us in the table! This was our chance, to get out the relegation zone, and we took it. We beat Bi/Bolungarvik 3-0! This gave me the confidence to think we could avoid the drop!

Second last game, and if we won we avoided relegation, as the team were below us! Well, we hammered Leikner 5-0 and relegation was avoided, with a game to spare, which we won defeating prottur 2-1!

So I start my first full season in charge! I decide we are having a full 7 week pre-season, maybe harsh but hope it pays off because 4th bottom is not acceptable! I agree a budget of £0 transfer and £1600 pw on wages. I made 1 loan signing and promoted promising youngsters (According to my ass man.) and sold a lot of players who didn't merit their wages!

ScreenShot2013-05-01at202501_zps41fb4417.png

Pre-Season and the Cup

So in Iceland they have a cup before the league starts, which I quite like. I see it as a competitive pre-season! Anyway, with only one player signed and youngsters promoted, I could only hope the squad could continue its impressive end of season form! Didn't realise how wrong I could be! I think the only way this can be described is by showing the fixtures:

ScreenShot2013-05-01at201129_zpsa28e56d3.png

A draw wasn't to bad, but then defensively we were horrible! We created plenty of chances but just couldn't keep it tight at the back! After this I decided maybe a change in formation was needed and went for a 4-2-3-1 instead of the 4-2-4 formation I had been playing. Maybe this could be the way forward!

Old Formation

ScreenShot2013-05-01at202719_zps9d3b9660.png

New Formation

ScreenShot2013-05-01at202719_zps9d3b9660.png

The league begins

So I knew to give my formation a bit of time, and let the players adapt! This formation was beginning to pay off! We had a tough first couple of months, going out the Icelandic cup in the 2nd round and being mid to low in the table! Winning the odd game and losing as much! Then July came! We went unbeaten for seven games and finished the season in 4th place, only missing out on promotion due to the poor start to the season, but I knew my team would not need too much change, if I could keep them all.

ScreenShot2013-05-01at203915_zps5cc2225b.png

Archived