The FM National Teams advice thread

Hi...I don't know how to name this thread more acurate, so I'll leave it like this for now.

Being the manager of a National Team is a great honor, and seeing that team achieving new goals, either a continental/international cup or just something that for most of the big teams would sound silly or a historic tie/victory is satisfactory to see.

So I propose that if you manage mid/low National Teams (Or even big ones) and want to give tips to people who know little to nothing about a country (Database, leagues, etc.) but are eager to start managing, you are welcome to post here.

I'll put this:

Papua New Guinea (OFC):

This one is a difficult one. When you start, you'll find most of your players are free-agents or play on amateur clubs. There's a Semi-pro club, so keep an eye on it (At the beginning you may find more players from Solomon Islands than PNG).

Since PNG has no league, your main league loaded should be Australia (there are some players to call there) and optional Indonesia since it's PNG's neighbor country and you could try to grab a second job there and bring some players there. The rest is of your liking.

As for players, they aren't the best...Your best bet would be Trent Hasen, George Slefendorfas, Yamding Tomda and the Lepanis (Sam and the other which I forgot the name).

The hardest part is your employes. I remember getting people from Singapore, Malasia, Australia and one english (I somehow convinced Viduka :p).

Argentina (CONMEBOL):

Well, I don't need to recomend players since you preety much know the most suitable ones :p. As for the database, I recommend both Argentina's leagues (duh), Brazil, Chile, Spain (if you can make Barcelona B playable just to give Araujo a chance to progress it'd be great), Italy, England (Mainly for Coloccini...and Jonas if you like him :p), Russia (Ansaldi is your best LB), Portugal, France and Ukraine (Metalist has Jose Sosa and Villagra who is a decent back up for LB).

This team is your best chance to try a 4-3-3 with all of the great strikers you have aviable. Keep an eye on Lisandro López (CB from Arsenal who will mostly be bought at the beginning) Gullermo Burdisso, Lisandro Magallan, Sanchez Miño, Guillermo Fernandez and Leandro Paredes (Boca), Manuel Lanzini and Gabriel Mercado (River) the later a good candidate for Zabaleta's backup, Luis Ojeda (Argentinos) Agustin Marchesin and Guido Pizarro(Lanus).

At the beginning GK will be a weak spot for both main and U-20 teams, so you'll need to work extra in that part.

Archived