How to value personality among various staff roles

Hi everyone - 13 is my first experience with FM. As a Yank, I'm also a relative newbie when it comes to football. So far I'm loving the experience and all that I am learning.

I've gathered that personality is important for your players because it can influence their ability to develop towards their potential. I think I get the point of mentoring as a tool to shape personality, and that the Director of Football/Head of Youth can bring in newgens with similar personality. I don't yet understand how personality impacts the other staff roles, and how to value personality in staffing decisions.

In particular, I'm running a save as Barcelona, and trying to improve my U19 coaching staff. Posted an advert and have 17 respondents for a U19 Assistant Coach position. One of them is a Model Professional (Glenn Stromberg), but his coaching stats aren't as great as some of the other applicants. Will his personality have any effect in this staff role? For what other staff roles should personality be considered?

Thanks

I read somewhere that the head of youth development has an effect on the personalities of the newgens that spawn at your own club, but the percentage of the newgen's personality matching the man is not high. On a personal note, I much prefer to get coaches with good stats and decent personalities. Then I'll get the senior players to mentor the high potential youngsters to change their personalities. A favorite long term plan of mine is getting the senior players with good personalities signed up as coaches. These guys would usually have many of their younger colleagues rate them as one of their favored persons due to the hopefully many successful mentorships. I can't help but think that this will have a positive effect on training and overall dressing room harmony. As Sfraser did on his saves, I like running an old boys club.

Archived